Thursday, June 1, 2017

~Lilac Blooms~



 It seemed like forever for my lilac bushes to bloom this year due to our very cold and wet Spring and when they finally did a heat wave came through and they only lasted about a week! 

These blooms come from my oldest shrub which was loaded this year and they are so fragrant.

While this darker variety blooms a couple weeks later and seem to last longer on the bush, there are only ever a handful of blooms each year. 

I always have bouquets  of them in my bedroom where I can enjoy them and their fragrance.  I'm not quite done with this area in my newly painted bedroom, but wanted to take a some pics of these lilacs, so I'll just share a few peeks of what I'm working on. I still need to secure the mantel to the wall, hang a couple industrial sconces on either side of the mirror, fill the surround with some wood and find a rug that works in this space....along with convincing my husband we need to rip up the carpet(which btw, I never wanted in the first place!) , but that's probably for another time:-(

So there are a couple of these tufted chairs on either side of the mantel and I love these new pillows from Cat at LiLou House on Etsy.  She does a great job with quick and friendly service.

I also have a perfectly aged wood piece with hooks to hang above the trophy.

I'll be sharing the whole room with more pics of the bed which I moved to the other side of this area later this Summer after I finish getting it exactly how I want it along with my living room which is pretty much done and just needs to get photographed so stay tuned for more house progress coming soon:-)

My latest Show in Salem at The Great Junk Hunt was a huge success and I finally have some time to go through those photos which I'll share in my next post and give you a list of a few more venues I'll be selling at this Summer.

Have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

  1. It is lovely to enjoy the natural beauty in our world. So many do not even notice it, always so busy talking and texting on their cell phones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore lilac, here it has been over for a couple of months now, but whilst it was in bloom in the early spring it was fabulous. I still have not found a way to make it last indoors for more than a couple of days, if you have any tips or secrets I would love to hear them. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lilac..My favorite flower from my childhood. Beautifully displayed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so inviting! Can`t wait to see the whole room... My lilacs do the same here... Enjoy your weekend ♥ Alexandra

    ReplyDelete