Wednesday, August 10, 2016

~On the Porch~


Welcome to my front porch. It gets afternoon and evening sun, perfect for reading a good book and is a favorite place to be in Summer.


I've added some chippy white pieces and lots of pots filled with greenery. 

When we painted our house white last Fall, I decided to paint the front door a lovely grey color called Kendall Charcoal by Benjamin Moore which I think is a nice addition to this area along with some shutters i already had painted a similar color.

I love the simplicity surrounding my front door and these topiaries that I found at Lowe's last Spring

I took some photos of these wonderfully fragrant old fashioned roses earlier this summer and enjoy these old terracotta pots filled with plants. 

We've had some cool and cloudy weather here the past few days, but the forecast is calling for 90's by the weekend, which I'm okay with because I'm no where near ready for Summer to be over yet...I have a lot more porch sitting to do!

Hope you are all having a wonderful week.

12 comments:

  1. Love the decorative little cabinet with all the pots on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your porch looks so pretty and I love that rustic chair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty front porch, I could happily spend some time whiling away a few hours there! I do love the grey front door, I love grey and white, always a very simple, very clean combination. I am nowhere near ready for summer to be over yet, I feel as if we are only half way through, our children don't go back to school until the first week of September, so we have nearly another month, thank goodness! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. soooooo gorgeous!!!! Happy Summer!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful tranquil images you show us.
    I love your style. It is so easy and completed.
    I would enjoy the porch if it was mine.
    Nice that the summer not is over, it is in Denmark

    Beautiful day
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifull.. There is no doubt about it that. You can see pageThay man hinh sky. Thanks for your link

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, a perfect place for porch sitting! :))
    Of course you enjoy having this haven, I would too.
    Happy greetings from Méa, who just had a little seat there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your porch so much!! It is such a beautiful space!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a look I really love, with the chippy metal garden stands and furniture, the pots and the greens. You put it together so beautifully! This is the best time of year for porches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful front porch. Ahhhh to sit and relax out there. Heaven.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect, love it love it love it. Especially the grey!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thankyou for sharing such beautiful inspiration...

    ReplyDelete