Monday, July 25, 2016

~Tips for Brightening your Home~


I hope you had a wonderful weekend and I'm happy to be part of a Bloggers Home Tour put together by Summer at She Leaves a Little Sparkle where we are talking about "Tips for Brightening your Home"  Welcome all of you who are coming from CC and Mike's wonderful blog where I love her photography skills!

I'm using this opportunity to share a few photos from my youngest daughter Brenna's room.  She had cleaned it so nicely one day(which being 16 years old is a feat in itself)  and I had these lovely blue lace leaf hydrangeas blooming that I thought would look so pretty, so I grabbed my camera before all the clutter reappeared!

Her room sits on the sunny side of our house and has white walls along with mostly white furniture....which in my opinion always brightens everything:-) The blue and white striped bedding adds some color along with these beautiful blooms.

I think fresh flowers brighten not only your home, but your mood as well and I love to add them everywhere in my house especially in the Summer months. 

On the wall opposite her bed sits this white slip covered chair with a pillow for another pop of color in the room and we put ruffled sheer curtain panels which allow lots of light to be able to spill inside.

I added slip covered sofas in the living room a few years ago and was amazed at how much brighter this space became.

My last tip is adding ironstone to cupboards and shelves for a clean and bright look

I hope I helped give you some ideas on brightening even a small area of your home that you were having trouble with and I hope you take the time to stop by Kellie's beautiful blog Gratefully Vintage 


"Please visit my other friends' blogs for more lovely home pictures and great tips!"


20 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tips ...it's always nice to get new ideas! The bedroom looks so nice and fresh (and tidy for now !!) have a nice week...Gail x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonjour chère amie,

    Un petit billet adorable... Une décoration remplie de douceur et de romantisme... J'adore !

    Gros bisous de Ramatuelle où j'expose en ce moment mon travail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Kathleen! Your home is just sooooo romantic and dreamy!!!! I'm dying over all that ironstone {eye candy} and needing some!!! Between you and Kellie, I'm convinced I need to go and get those slipcovered sofas. They are just so beautiful and love that they can be so easily washed. Your daughter is so lucky, I love her room! Those blue stripes! And I agree about the fresh flowers....great tip! They are a weekly must here in this house. I'm so glad you joined us for this, thank you so much!! You are so talented and inspiring!!! xoxoxo...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathleen, this is such a beautiful post! Your daughter's room is beautiful!and I am in LOVE with all of your iron stone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your daughter's room. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathleen, I am so jealous of your ironstone collection - gorgeous! And that blue and white ticking in your daughter's bedroom is so fresh and pretty. Love all of it!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have one question. Apart from white color which color makes brighter????

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your daughter's room is so restful. I would like to decorate our guestroom similar.
    Can you please let me know where to find the duvet cover. Thank you so much. Loved this post.
    *Smiles*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's from Ikea, Pamela and she loves it!
      Thanks for stopping by:-)

      Delete
    2. I'm working on my order now. Thanks for the help.
      *Smiles*

      Delete
  9. I am so impressed by your daughter's bedroom, I shall show it to our 16 year old for some inspiration because even after a big tidy hers just doesn't look like this!!! Clean, bright and white, it's hard to beat! Here in South West France, the living at this time of year is mostly outdoors, but I do have a kitchen full of cut flowers, it brings the outdoors in for the few hours we spend inside!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kathleen la manera que decoras tu casa es espectacular realmente me encanta y lo recibo con alegria por favor no dejes tu blog. es mi favorito. Se ve lindo el cuarto de tu hija y tu coleccion de ironstone es divina ...:)) Nelly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kathleen, your home is so inviting and romantic! I love your white slip-covered sofas, and that ironstone is to die for! I also love your daughter's room! What a sweet space! Lovely post! I so enjoyed being part of this blog hop with you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kathleen your daughter's room is beautiful! My daughter is 15 so I know what its like :) Love your slipcovered white furniture and definitely agree on the fresh blooms. So fun to be a part of this with you xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely bedroom! And yes, I hear you on getting your teenagers to clean their rooms. Your home is dreamy and I love all your white stoneware, oh my it is a great collection! Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice tips! And your daughter's room is beautiful ♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's always beautiful at your home. Pat that child on the back as she has impressed those of us who lived through years of just closing the door of our children's room.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice tips! And your daughter's room is beautiful
    http://www.alacritys.in

    ReplyDelete
  17. tout est magnifique, particulièrement la déco soignée des espaces extérieurs, superbe !

    ReplyDelete