Monday, May 9, 2016

~Lilacs~


My lilacs are done blooming for the year, but I wanted to share a few photos with you to reminisce about how beautiful they were. Enjoy! xoxo K. 

Before I brought them into the house I wanted to take some photos of them inside this fishing basket attached to my vintage bicycle because I can imagine back in the day riding down a windy country road and coming across a lilac bush where you could cut a few branches to take home and enjoy.

My sister graciously gave me some of these beauties because her bushes bloom earlier than mine since we live at a higher elevation and I knew mine weren't going to have very many blooms this year for some reason:-(

The fragrance in my home was so intoxicating!

This variety of paler purple blooms came from my bush and were a lovely addition in my bathroom next to my claw foot tub.


I also added a couple bouquets of them on in the vintage loving cup trophies I have sitting on the nightstands on either side of my bed where their aroma helped lull me to sleep at night. 

Lilacs are such an old fashioned, timeless flower and I really do miss having them in my home to enjoy, but will patiently await them to bloom again next year:-)

Have a lovely week!

14 comments:

  1. l love the way flowers herald each season....Peonies in Summer, Cyclamens in Winter and bulbs and Lilac in Spring...your post is the perfect Spring inspiration....how lovely your Sister had lots of lilac blooms to share, my sister also usually shares hers with me as my bush is still very young and doesn't flower much as yet. Gorgeous frenchy photos of the lilacs in the fishing basket on the bike...so shabby pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lilac photos are so lovely. I don't have lilacs here in Sydney in Oz but I'm sure they bloom somewhere. I need to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to see you again.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh, so heavenly!! I love especially the pictures with the old sink, a big wow, and then next to the bathtub... with those shutters and the "Apothecary"... So artful and not cluttered with deco, it is dreamy.
    And this is lived countrylife and Chic.
    Love to look at it, dear Kathleen, have a great week with the smell of lilac :)))
    Greetings from Méa

    ReplyDelete
  5. sigh.... I dream of lilacs! These are spectacular. They don't care much for Alabama, but I do have one plant that is still alive so I still have hopes for it. :)
    gwingal

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful, your home and the photos, especially the one of the bicycle, are you sure you didn't come to France to take that photo! Which reminds me and I promise this is absolutely true, we do cycle down a path, it's an old farm track, very bumpy with grass in the middle, and we do stop at a lilac bush which appears to be growing in the wild beside an old barn which is literally falling down. We don't have a lilac tree in our garden but I have cycled this path and cut the lilac from here and brought it home on my bike every week for the past month! So here in the South West of France life really has gone back 100 years!!! It's over here too now but it is one of my favourite things about Spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you lucky girl..... I can only imagine, but what an enjoyable experience. I like the sounds of a slower paced life and know I would love to live in France.

      Enjoy Spring ....and those lilacs💜

      Delete
  7. Your lilacs are so lovely! I bet they smell heavenly We planted our first lilac bush over the weekend, and I can't wait for the day when it finally blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovely and inspiring post. I've never had the pleasure to have any lilac in my home. I think it is time for some.
    ~Elizabeth~ an Instagram follower of yours😘
    Awesternerlivinginnewengland.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a a lovely post, so beautiful lilacs....I just love this time of year!
    Have a great day,
    Titti

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love ♥♥♥ My lilacs didn`t survive the frosty morning we had this year... I still can enjoy yours ♥ Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful article! We are linking to this great post on our site. Keep up the good writing.
    Holiday cottages

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your photos are so beautiful and inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete