Thursday, December 10, 2015

~All Through the House Tour~ Dining Room


Welcome to the
All Through the House Christmas Tour
All Through the House Button
This Christmas Blog Hop is hosted by
We also have a special co-host...
mouse1
Mr. Christmas Mouse
We are very excited to share all of the great blogs and beautiful
Christmas Rooms throughout this week, so please come back often
as each day will feature a different room.
allthroughthehouse
Well, you know the rest of the story.
Welcome to our homes...

I'm keeping things pretty simple here this year for Christmas by adding natural elements. Besides buying a few poinsettas, a couple wreaths, garlands and fresh flowers, I've used items I already own.      
I had to snap these photos very quickly one day when the sun decided to shine and it's a good thing I did because it's been so dark, blustery and wet ever since!
I don't think it takes much to get a festive look and many of the items I use in my home this time of year come from nature and are found on our own property.  


Fresh cedar greens are cut from a tree we have growing along the house and pinecones are always in abundance.  Both look great mixed in with ironstone in my vintage corner cupboard or among candles as a centerpiece.


A few blue items added in with all the wood and white furnishings gives this room a light and airy feeling which is a look I'm striving for these days.  

 I'm hoping to share more photos of the rest of my home, but need that sun to come back out in order to take them......wish me luck!

Please take a moment to visit all the other lovely ladies below.  




 








 








11 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh so beautiful. Loving this tour.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww can I come move in now???? Merry Christmas, your house looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely home and lovely pieces! I am crazy for the architectural piece over the large clock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dining room looks so pretty and full of charm. Loving your use of natural greens to bring in the beauty of the season.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pinecones and greenery in the ironstone is simply gorgeous. Hoping for some sun for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always enjoy seeing your home Kathleen. You decorated it perfectly for the season! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your home! And all dressed up for the season it's just perfect! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Just lovely...really lovely!
    Enjoy your weekend,
    Titti

    ReplyDelete
  9. You for sure know how much I love your home ♥ It is all so beautiful... Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so in love with the holiday simplicity! I could live it it even after the holiday!

    ReplyDelete