Thursday, December 31, 2015

~2015 in Review~

2015 was a good year for my family with wonderful memories. I'm still striving for simplicity in both my life and home and look forward to working toward that in the New Year!  Enjoy!  xoxo K. 

I added a little bit of color into my normally neutral palette with some touches of blue in the living room with an old door, pillows and this primitive blue cupboard filled with blue glass.

Some green was added to the laundry room.

I'm always happy when the first shrub to bloom produces these wonderful camelias. 

The kitchen got a couple updates to give it a farmhouse feel.  

It's always a happy day when I can cut some lilac blooms to bring indoors to enjoy♥

I have two different varieties and this darker purple looked and smelled wonderful next to my bed. 

Snowball viburnum are another Spring favorite.... 

and having fresh herbs in the kitchen to easily use for cooking is a joy!  

Peonies are such a dreamy, delicate flower......

along with old fashioned climbing roses!

Next come hydrangeas.  

I think you all know how much I love being outside and gardening and we had such a beautiful, warm and sunny Summer. 

The last of the blooms faded.....

and the leaves started to turn colors.

We had an abundance of ripe juicy apples this year as well and the nice warm weather lasted throughout Fall.

A few pumpkins and some berries came inside during October....

and we enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner with my parents.

Then the weather turned cold(and quite wet and blustery) and as always I enjoyed adding fresh greens for the Holidays.

Christmas came and went.....

and tomorrow is the start of new beginnings.

I've decided to cut back on social media and am taking a break from blogging this year.  We'll see how I feel if it is indefinitely or just a short break, but I am planning on still posting on Instagram which seems to be less time consuming and more personal for me right now.

Thanks to everyone who follows along and wishing you all much happiness in 2016.  Happy New Year!  


  1. Happy New Year! I look forward to following you again into 2016...

  2. Oh, I know you deserve a break, but I will miss you and your beautiful home! Have a good year. Perhaps you could post a quarterly update?

  3. Happy New Year Kathleen! I haven't been by in a while, and, I'm in beauty overload.

  4. Happy New Year and Merry 1. New Year's Day.
    How amazing this year, the first day to find your beautiful blog.
    It should definitely be a sign of a great year.

    happy 2016
    (Hos Villa Fryd)

  5. I really, really, LOVE your style. It is amazing. I know what you mean with a break. But i hope you will come back.
    Hugs Kuni

  6. Hodně štěstí v Novém roce!

  7. Happy new year! May your year be blessed with joy, health and happiness.

    Please, dond stop blogging, I love your posts!

  8. Enjoyed your pictures! Love your simple palate ! Great job!

  9. I can barely breathe from swooning over the beauty of your home, your Ironstone collection and your style!!! I will follow you wherever you post!!! Thanks for the recap & happy 2016!!!

  10. You have beautiful house and you possess skill of decorating it with style and perfection. I have enjoyed following your blog.
    Happy New Year.

  11. HAPPY NEW YEAR Kathleen! See ya on IG.


  12. Love it Kathleen ♥ I must do my 2015 review, it is full of positive energy! Wish you all the best for 2016 ♥ xoxo, Alexandra

  13. Everything is lovely. I like your grey door and shutters. It is very similar to ours. Happy New Year.

  14. I'm a quiet reader who hardly ever posts...but today I need to tell you that I will miss your blog. I do understand how demanding blogging must be and I'm sure you deserve the break. I'll miss you and your farmhouse style.

  15. Elizabeth WaggonerJanuary 5, 2016 at 9:30 AM

    I love the quiet simplicity of your space. I'm also in love with your dining room table and chairs!!! May I ask where they are from?
    A Joyous New Year to you and your family! Thank You for sharing with us.

    1. The chairs are from World Market and the table was made by my husband♥ Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful week!


  16. Hi Kathleen,
    I love your kitchen!! I'm getting ready to remodel our kitchen and I would love to have the wood counter tops. Do you still like them? Have they worn well? and are they high maintenance?
    Thanks for your time!

    1. Hi Liz, We used Beech wood for our countertops and they have held up well. You do have to be aware of wiping up any excess water that sits around the sink area, but we lightly sand them down and then apply linseed oil every once in a while. I love the look of wood, but would probably say that other things might be less maintenance. Thanks for stopping by!

  17. What a wonderful walk through the year ! Have a nice week...Gail x

  18. I like adding blues and greens to my white. I have not visited in a while and love all your photos. The windows and the doors are my favorite. They are so expensive and so I keep looking for a bargain. Your Christmas photos are delightful!

  19. OH wow...that is a really nice blog about a beautiful home...I love really every of your pictures...found you a few moments ago at the www....iam so happy about that...

    Can't wait to see and read your next post.

    Greetings from
    Shabby Chic & Co.

  20. What a beautiful home, you have done an amazing job decorating it.

  21. Hello! I am in awe of your photography talents, styling, and lovely home. Your expertise is so inspirational and I look forward to visiting often.

  22. thanks for this beautiful pictorial walk through the year. and i thoroughly enjoyed your photos. hour house is simply gorgeous!

    have a nice day~

  23. How lovely are these pink peonies and at all the flowers in your home are so beautiful and make it look welcoming and cozy.

    Best wishes,
    Carpet cleaners Putney

  24. Wauw Wauw Wauw I love your blog - fantastic
    Happy Easter

  25. I absolutely love your window seat dining nook. My husband and I purchased a 1930 cottage/bungalow from the historial district in Houston TX and moved it onto our property. We are now renovating it. My entire kitchen design is based around the window seat dining nook. Ive looked at a ton of pics for inspiration online...all which were beautiful, but yours screamed at me! Calling my name! Saying this is it! Thats the 1!!! I can only hope mine turns out as well as yours! What I love about yours is that is bright yet warming and inviting! Love it!!!

    1. Just seeing this and hope everything turns out as you have envisioned. I remember pouring through magazines when we built our home ( before Pinterest) I still love how ours turned out.
      Thanks for stopping by and telling me this😊

  26. Hi. Thanks for bloging. May i ask where the washroom sink is from?

    Thanks so much

    1. I found it in a junk store about 15 years ago. We had it plumbed into our laundry room when we built our house.