Friday, November 6, 2015

~Reflecting on the Season~


With the turning back of the clocks always comes colder weather.  I have to admit that I dread the day I have to put my shorts and flip flops away and am confined to indoors.  Each year at this time I try to remind myself of everything I have and surround myself with beauty inside my home.  Enjoy!  xoxo K.

I think I like white so much in my home because even on the dreariest day I am surrounded by a light palette inside.  Just like in the warm sunny months, I still love to bring nature inside this time of year like pumpkins and clippings from my lavender bushes.  

Snow berries are in abundance in the forest beside our home.  Those along with some pears look great in my primitive cupboard filled with brown transfer ware.  

I'm so happy with these bistro chairs from World Market I got a couple months ago and am especially happy when all my kids are home sitting around this table. 

I look forward to the occasional sunny days we will have where the sun will stream through these windows in my kitchen.  I found this variety of eucalyptus at a wonderful Farmers Market at Portland State University while visiting their campus with my daughter.  I look forward to bringing more into my home as the holidays approach.   

Enjoy your weekend!

14 comments:

  1. Your home always looks so cozy and comfortable any time of the year. I love your primitive cupboard with the brown transferware. It's definitely cozy season here. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home is lovely! Beautiful transfer ware.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how I just love all of your brown transfer ware. I am slowly adding to my collection (gravy boat and dish and a cup). I just ordered the same dining chairs from World Market and am very happy with them. Could you please tell me where you purchased the chair pads? The one review on World Market was not very good, but I am hoping you had a different experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chair pads were just sitting in a box by the chairs at the World Market I got them from. I've only had these chairs and pads for a couple months, but so far I love them♥

      xoxo
      Kathleen

      Delete
  4. I've always loved your home and understand why you love white so much. There are so many shades of white and you mix them beautifully with the worn wood and antiques. My kitchen is so dark since putting a permanent roof over our deck. I plan on painting the kitchen white. I adore your style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post, I love your living space and your transferware. The chairs are perfect and they look so old. Thanks for sharing, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I love how so little color can have such a huge impact on a room! Winter can be so dull but not in these rooms! Thank you for sharing! Hugs, Leena
    PS I hate giving up my flip flops too and will wait until I have frozen toes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a home to bring in the season, "Giving of Thanks"
    Rustic charm for a perfect setting.

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  8. It all looks so pretty.
    Best,
    Michelle from simplysantabarbara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful home! Everything looks so pretty. You have a perfect setting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lovely Kathleen...I drool at all of your collections! What did you do with your other chairs, maybe I missed that on another post? xo, Janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just put them in our storage shed for now and will use them when we need extra seating♥

      Hope all is well with you, Janet!

      xoxo
      Kathleen

      Delete
  11. Wowwwww, what a great style. I will follow you
    Nice greetings from austria

    ReplyDelete