Friday, November 13, 2015

~Pheasant Feathers~


This time of year when all my flowers are done blooming in my yard I try to come up with other ideas of items to use around the house.  Pheasant feathers are usually something I get out around Thanksgiving time.  Enjoy! xoxo K.

This year I placed a large bunch in an urn and decided to show an idea for a place setting that can be used during the Holiday season.

The days have been wet and dark lately, so I have to scramble to get photos whenever the sun decides to shine.

I like keeping my table settings simple and for this one just used a French hemp towel with a pumpkin in the center and the feather with herbs inside the napkin set on some vintage plates that I've had for years. 

I even sat down to enjoy a pumpkin scone while the table was set and wanted to share the recipe with you that I found on Pinterest HERE .  I used the spiced glaze and only 1/2 cup p. sugar and I make my scones in the scone pan that I got at World Market last year so they needed to cook for 18 minutes.

Have a great weekend!  It looks like it's going to be a wet one for us.

9 comments:

  1. So beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never think of using feathers for decorating! Cute and simple idea! Those are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your decoration so simple and beautiful love it love it ....nelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have been having an Indian Summer here and as yet have still not even turned on the heating, I think it may all change on Monday, but we have been lighting the fire in the evenings. Amazingly the garden still has lots of roses blooming, but as soon as the we get our first frost they will all be over and then I shall take my inspiration from you, pheasant feathers, what a brilliant idea. I also love the idea of a sprig of a herb, maybe rosemary as we have lots of it, in a napkin ring which would give off a wonderful aroma, I love the smell of rosemary. Thank you, great ideas. Have a lovely weekend, even if it does rain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the look of feathers in the urn. That reminds me I should pull my feathers out and use them! I really love your table, too. Very chippy, shabby ~ just my style!:) Have a great weekend! xoKathleen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great idea to use the pheasant feathers, Kathleen. They look beautiful as does your dining area - I just love your table and chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your blog. Love the beauty and simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful! Love your warm and cozy home!

    ReplyDelete