Thursday, October 8, 2015

~Simple Berries~


This time of year it's the beauty that nature provides that appeals to me.   These rose hips that form on the wild rose bushes that grow along our driveway are a perfect example.  Enjoy!  xoxo K. 

They are just as good as any bouquet of flowers and look striking sitting among all the neutrals in my kitchen.  

I have other choices of different bushes with berries growing on them that I like to bring indoors during the Fall and Winter months.  Hawthorne, cottoneaster and holly are just a few, but these might be my favorite as they start out a wonderful orange color before turning red.    

It's been feeling more and more like Fall around here with some rain and blustery weather the past couple days.  It might give me an excuse to take a break from working outside and get the basement painted. 

Have a wonderful day!


13 comments:

  1. I love your mixture of white and warm woods, and the wicker and the metal. It all looks so good. My bushes do not grow anything lovely like that ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. I feel right at home in your spaces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your rose hips look so pretty in your enamel pitcher, Kathleen! So perfect for this time of year. A little bit of nature just seems to add something special to our indoor spaces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The berries look perfect. I have been working outside because we have had some wonderfully cool temps. This weekend more work getting the beds ready for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! Love the pie safe! From gerhsewen and Gertie?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh they are perfect! They look really great. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, they are timeless and even if they are so down to earth, these berries of a rose, they are so much more - a door to other times...
    Greetigs from Méa

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pops of color the berries provide. I also love the plain branches in the Ironstone pitcher.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! They all look perfect! I feel right at home in your spaces! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am going to pick some rose hips today, You have inspired me lovely display.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your simple fall decor Kathleen ♥ Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the details. They're all perfect!

    ReplyDelete