Friday, October 23, 2015

~Ironstone in the Farmhouse~


It's time for Farmhouse Friday again and this month we are talking about how we display dishes in our homes.  Enjoy!  xoxo K.

One of my favorite places to display some of the old ironstone I've collected over the years is this corner cupboard in my dining room.


I have some pitchers in here with the best crazing which for some reason always catches my eye when I'm out shopping and I'm drawn to these pieces with all their imperfections.  Mixed with herbs, eucalyptus and this wonderful heirloom pumpkin I think I like them even more♥

The other side of this room has even more ironstone sitting in an old hutch top that I placed on a vintage dresser.  I like the simplicity of this area with it's farmhouse feel!  

I've been craving oranges lately and they add a nice pop of color sitting in this turreen along the cotoneaster berries  from my yard placed in this lovely vintage French white enamel  pitcher. 

Please take a moment to visit all the other ladies sharing how they display dishes farmhouse style.


Have a wonderful weekend! 
                                                       BUCKETS OF BURLAP
                                                            STONE GABLE

                                              TOWN AND COUNTRY LIVING

                                               HOUSE OF HAWTHORNES

                                                    THE EVERYDAY HOME

21 comments:

  1. Your collection of dishes is AMAZING!!! I love how you style your vignettes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL ALL YOUR FARM DECORATION AROUND YOUR LOVELY HOME!!!!
    HAPPY FALL
    Isora
    Blessing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love the finials on top of your cabinet and the oranges make everything POP!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Old ironstone and Autumn go together beautifully. Loved seeing your inspiring collections.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathleen, those crazed pieces of ironstone always draw me in too! Yours look especially nice with the peach (fairy tale?) variety of pumpkin - love that look! It all looks very inviting.
    Rita C at Panoply

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the old hutch on the dresser. It's all absolutely gorgeous. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never realized the hutch didn't "go" with the dresser!!! That is genius! Loving your collection of ironstone. You have me beat by about 9,945 pieces :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore your ironstone collection Kathleen...and your dining room itself is a showstopper :) Always love peeking into your home!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely adore your Ironstone collections. I love when a piece has crazing and imperfections. You have beautiful style. Your house looks so warm and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your collections! Very inspiring. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kathleen, your dining room is my favorite! I love the elegant chairs paired with the primitive pieces. And your corner hutch with the dishes and pumpkins ... LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. totally love that pop of orange in the white! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love so much your ironstone collection ! Here in France i collect them also especially with pink flowers or birds, I found once one piece of the late nineteenth century with cats ! And moreover one of my great pleasure is to eat in them !
    Xoxo from Paris
    Joëlle

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your old hutch top! Believe it or not my husband found one similar to yours along the side of the road to be thrown away. He brought it home and now I have been inspired to do something with it. Thank you for sharing your lovely home.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have displayed your ironstone beautifully! So many great pieces. The oranges really pop! I have a china cabinet in our dining room with a row of mixed white pitchers on the top and all white (new and old) pieces inside. I also hang some plates and platters on the wall in many of our rooms. I want to add a long low open shelf like buffet to the other side of our dining room to hold more. The search never ends :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful autumn images ...so cosy ...Gail x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ironstone goes so well with Autumn, I think Kathleen. It's neutral color goes with all the Fall colors perfectly. Especially in your farmhouse! I love the pops of orange inside your beautiful home.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Because of you, I started an ironstone collection a couple of years ago. I am in love with the patina of old ironstone and love mixing it up. Nothing says farmhouse like ironstone and it will never go out of style. You display yours so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete