Tuesday, October 13, 2015

~A Perfect Combination~


The Pumpkins in my garden are ready to be harvested and I brought two inside to sit inside these urns on either side of the mantel in the living room.  Enjoy!  xoxo K.

I never knew how much I'd like the colors blue and orange together until this season where I've combined the two and am really liking the results.

This time of year candles can be found burning all through my home like these lovely ones I got at Ikea a couple years ago and I recently bought a Eucalyptus scented one from Bath and Body which might be my favorite scent ever!

Last year I bought one of these Cinderella pumpkins at my local garden center and this year there are eight growing in the garden from the seeds of that one I bought last year getting rototilled into the soil this Spring.  I wish more things reseeded like that.

These lovely dahlias came from my local Farmers Market which compliment the French cafe au lait bowl in this blue cupboard.

The velvet pumpkin came from Safeway.  In the past, orange has never really been my favorite color, but for some reason this year it is really drawing my attention.
      
I also put the last of the orange berries from the rose hip bush in this blue enamel pitcher and once again love the combination!  What's left of the berries on the bush are now a lovely red color and I'm hoping to use them mixed in with my Christmas decor.

I hope you are having as lovely of an Autumn season as we've been having in the PNW this year.




9 comments:

  1. The room is beautiful. I think the pops of orange against the pale blue is stunning especially your blue cabinet. It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pops of orange with the blue in your decor. They are complementary in the colour wheel and orange is such a brilliant pop of colour for fall. Your decor is lovely. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful! I really do like the soft blues you've brought into your home and how they contrast with the orange from the Fall decor. Love your blue striped pillows and that blue primitive cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We sure are having a beautiful fall. I am in Albany Oregon. Today is amazing. Love your blog. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful and so serene! Love how the pumpkins make a huge statement in your decor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cupboard and mirror over the fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely. That is a marvelous mirror, and I don't where you live, but I've never seen such huge rose hips. They make a wonderful addition to your decor and will be beautiful at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kathleen! Love the soft blue and burst of orange together! I have lately become interested in color composition and am learning so much about why colors complement each other and these two really do! The rose hips are so delicate and the dahlias are just gorgeous! I always think I want to grow them, but the fact that the bulbs need to be dug up each season has stopped me. Where did you get the gorgeous pots/urns beside your fireplace?! I have really enjoyed reading your post and looking at the beautiful photographs of your home. Happy Autumn!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathleen, I love everything in your home! Especially on this post, the mirror over the fireplace and the giant breadboard on the coffee table basket. And, of course, the blue and orange, colors of the Denver Broncos!! I'd like to invite you to visit me at bringingfrenchcountryhome.blogspot.com. Pat

    ReplyDelete