Thursday, September 17, 2015

~Fall Home Tour~


I'm excited to be joining some other bloggers today for a Fall Home Tour that has been graciously organized by Brenda at Cozy Little House .


Welcome to my home as I'm the first stop on today's tours.  I will be listing all the other participants for today at the end of my post as well as a list of the other days so you can really get inspired to start decorating for the season. We recently painted the outside of our home and at the time I took this photo everything had been removed from the porch.  I'm liking simplicity right now so have decided to completely rearrange everything so hopefully I can share that with you later this month.  I still have to paint the door but am still trying to decide on what color of grey I want to use.

As you walk in the front door there are french doors to the right that open up into the dining room.  All my decor for this early Fall tour has been kept simple and consists of not only items from nature, but also items I already had so I didn't spend a dime. I wanted to show you that decorating for the seasons doesn't have to cost much if you look around and use what you have on hand.



All that was added to this room is some branches with berries and apples from one of our trees nestled in an ironstone bowl.  This tree is only a couple years old so doesn't produce too many apples yet, but they are beautiful and taste delicious.

Walking from the dining room into the kitchen/breakfast area looks like this with some viney maple leaves that are starting to turn color in an urn.  I also recently bought some of these bistro chairs from World Market.  I've been wanting to replace the chairs I had before even though I still love them because they were old to begin with and after 12 years of more wear and tear they were getting pretty wobbly and I like to have sturdy chairs when we have friends and family over.  I love the look of these and I waited all Summer until they went on sale and  I had a 20% off coupon.  

Still  keeping it simple with some hydrangeas from my yard on the table and more of those luscious apples.  I will be adding more as the season goes on and there are more natural items to use like some cinderella pumpkins and gourds growing in my garden.  

Aren't these hydrangeas beautiful right now.  I love how these ones change color as Summer comes to an end.

Up the stairs and into my bedroom more leaves are placed inside the trophies on either side my bed along with a plaid blanket that I've had for a couple years added to the bedding, some candles along with extra blankets for those nights that are getting colder. 

Once again, simplicity is what I'm liking this time of year yet you know that it is Fall by the simple touches I have used.  I always get out all my candles and set around the house to enjoy as well. 

Back down the stairs and you will enter the living room where another plaid blanket is placed on the sofa and a couple more items added to the blue cupboard in the corner.

I was at my Mom and Dad's right before I took these photos and noticed she had a bush with different colored leaves than mine and thought they would look great in this cupboard and also brought home some Aisian pears from their tree to display in this French cafe au lait bowl.........and of coarse to eat. They are so good! 

Well that wraps up the tour for now, but I hope you will stop back by as I will be adding more as the season progresses.

Next up on the tour is Janet from Shabby FuFu and I can't wait to see what she has to share as I really love her style and purchased the French yogurt jars and carrier from her that sit on top of my blue cupboard.

Here is a list of the other ladies sharing today:

September 17th...

And the previous participants are:
  September 15th...

September 16th...

Don't forget to come back tomorrow and see all these lovely ladies homes!
September 18th...


39 comments:

  1. Beautiful, cozy and peaceful Kathleen! I love all of the rooms, but especially the living room with grain sack pillows and that chippy cupboard. ~julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH this is lovely, Kathleen. I love the natural simplicity...and was inspired by so much! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathleen: Honestly, if you decided to sell your house {TO ME} It would be such an easy transition..you could just pack your bags with personal necessities and I could bring my luggage w only my personal belongings..and MOVE RIGHT IN...Your home is sooooooooo ME! I love the uncomplicated decorating...using 'whatcha got" all around us - naturals. And your mix of the old slightly time worn with even the contemporary that is just so 'AT HOME"...I think I decorate much the same way. and I do appreciate the way you have organized the home TOUR. Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home is so pretty. I love the soft blue added in with the neutrals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home is absolutely gorgeous. I love your simple fall touches! Beautiful tour! :) Kim @ Exquisitely Unremarkable

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the rustic simplicity of your home and how cozy and calm it feels. Thanks for letting us into your gorgeous and homey home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home is so relaxing and soothing! And your natural elements work so well in your home! BTW, if you're missing those windows setting on your nightstands some day, you'll know where to find them :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your home is a combination of styles that I love...rustic, elegant, cottage, and it works together so perfectly! Simple is so much easier on the eyes than cluttered! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've said before, and I'll say again, yours is one of the most unique and beautiful homes in all of blog land! I love your simple and natural fall elements. Perfection!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing!! So beautiful; nothing prettier than nature!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your home is so pretty! I love your style. I love all your touches of fall.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kathleen,
    It all looks beautiful...as it always does.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my! I love, love you home...every detail is amazing and your fall touches are perfect!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely beautiful. It looks so serene in your house. Love the subtle touches of the season.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! I love how you have used the natural accents like the apples, hydrangeas and leaves against your neutral palette! Blessings, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your home is beautiful I especially love the dining-room cupboard and the old step-back. :) Deb

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is luvly Kathleen .I am in North Central Florida , where Fall comes softly and slowly.... just a slight dip in temperatures and a change in the light....
    So I do just a small change. Like Fall, a soft change. Pine cones and hydrangeas.... soon a few white pumpkins will accompany them. The leaves don't change here until months from now.
    Thanks for the luvly tour!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I feel like kinfolk here Kathleen, I read your feature and home home looked amazing on every page congrats girl

    Fall could not look anymore peaceful then here :)

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful, beautiful! The colors, tones, flowers and charm!
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kathleen, I am so in love with your home! Everything is beautiful.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  21. I adore your house. It's so amazing. Everything is just perfect, so cosy so comfortable.
    Love it:-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your home is gorgeous, and I love the simple, natural Fall touches!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your home is lovely, Kathleen, and I really like your early Fall touches. How great to have your own pumpkins to add soon. So hard to pick a favourite feature but certainly your pillows, the dining room and your pretty bedroom. Thanks for the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just love all of the neutral colors...such a soft palette and so inviting and beautiful! The vintage map looks wonderful tucked in the cabinet like that...works very well with the bottles and pop of orange!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your home looks lovely. Love all of your natural fall accents.Thanks for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  26. So pretty, Kathleen! I never tire of looking at your beautiful home. You have such a great eye!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Kathleen your home always looks beautiful no matter what the season...loved the tour!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Kathleen,

    Your Fall Home Tour done so simply is why I love visiting your blog and continue to be inspired by your choices in how to live with beauty all around in such a simple way. I had fun comparing these photos to the ones in best of flea market style that has YOUR bedroom gracing the COVER!!! A belated congratulations to you for that.

    I so applaud how you have defined your success.

    Sincerely,
    Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I've enjoyed my visit, your home is so warm and welcoming and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  30. You have such a beautiful home! I'm for the first time on your blog and I really love it, it's absolutely gorgeous!!! Thanks a lot für these inspiring pictures - many greetings from Germay,
    Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your house is absolutely perfect and I am glad that you are on Instagram so that I can get a daily update of your fabulous style.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love your styling and decor. Your home is stunning!!

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your home is just so lovely and welcoming and dressed up perfectly for fall! :) Linda

    ReplyDelete
  34. Simple yet beautiful! I love all of the rooms, but especially the living room with grain sack pillows and that chippy cupboard. Your home is absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  35. So pretty. I love to see your sweet home

    ReplyDelete