Saturday, September 12, 2015

~End of Summer Blooms~


Summer is coming to an end even though we have had hot weather the last few days, the nights are getting chillier and some of the foliage in the garden is starting to change over to Autumn. 

This tall variety of Verbena grows like crazy out in our garden and easily reseeds itself.

It seems that purple is the color of choice at my house in the late Summer with alysum and asters blooming abundantly as well.  I will miss stepping outside with clippers in hand to walk around my property and make bouquets from whatever is in bloom at the time.     

Autumn will still provide me with greenery in the form of  sunflowers, berries and leaves so stop by next week where I will be joining other bloggers in a home tour sharing how I decorate for the beginning of the new season.  

Have a lovely weekend! 


15 comments:

  1. beautiful Kathleen, love the lavenders and purples!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home is lovely Kathleen. All of my garden flowers and roses are still blooming. I have tiny vases everywhere throughout the house filled with them. There is no sign of Autumn here in Northern California with temps still above 100. Beautiful September to you. xo Kerrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely as always. it's still crazy hot here in northern california. i can't believe i'm saying this but looking forward to some rain this fall/winter. xo- maryjo
    https://maryjomaterazo.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am still enjoying lots of blooms, especially dahlias!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems so strange that you are at the end of summer and we are at the start of spring. I cannot wait for it to warm up in New Zealand, the daffodils are flowering and some blossom trees but it is still pretty chilly here and I am looking forward to apparently an El Nino summer.

    I love your photography of your home, it is just so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love your treasures! Thanks for the pretty post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to the new season with you dear... By the way all your photos Inapire all things gathered and xollected flea market style, just adore your look.

    Xx
    Doer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your style is absolutely gorgeous!!! Happy almost fall!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes, I think, purple is always beautiful, but now it has more depth and is a bit mysterious, like the secret, fall holds.
    Happy latesummer from Méa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your home is so beautiful as are your photos Kathleen!! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it all Kathleen ♥ I think purple fits perfect into your home. Alexandra

    ReplyDelete