Friday, August 14, 2015

~Coastal Touches~


Summer sure is flying by and it won't be long before I'll be decorating with Fall in mind and removing some of the simple coastal touches I've added to the living room.  Enjoy! xoxo K.

An old seascape leaning on a bowl full of glass floats sitting among weathered driftwood, a coral fan nestled in an old glass battery jar on the mantel and old blue glass bottles and jars added to the blue cupboard along with more glass floats and some coral are the few items added to this room during the Summer months.  Blue glass just says Summer to me even though I will most likely keep some of it out through the rest of the year. 

I have been wanting to add some seascapes to my blue cupboard and finally found one on my previous visit with Tracie in a lovely store in Snohomish called Faded Elegance......thanks Tracie(since she is the one who spotted it for me)  Unfortunately, it was too tall for the shelves of the cupboard, but it found a temporary home here though and I'm still on the lookout for more.....because I really need another collection, right!!!!

Have a lovely weekend.  I'll be attending my nephew's wedding tomorrow♥

14 comments:

  1. Your home is just gorgeous -- so soothing with the muted colors and well-worn, well-loved items. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! I love the vintage painting too, The vintage door is great, I hope your planning to use it on a closet or pantry somewhere...
    Enjoy these last few weeks of summer,
    xo,
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh I love that swiss cross pillow!!! Awesome space as always Kathleen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, I love your glass floats.....and what a fine seascape pic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you did, everything looks so pretty. When it comes to anything sea I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your touch of beach for the summer is a touch of elegance and I so love your old seascape. I collect them, but only have a few. Hoping to hang in the beach house I don't have yet....here's to retirement and a move to the sea. Have a wonderful weekend. ~ lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Am wanting the blue/white door and the blue bottles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The room gives off a calming effect. Just like the sea.
    Beautiful.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful Kathleen! You have created a special feeling to all of your rooms with the things you choose to live with, and i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your coastal touches to your room, the painting is perfectly aged like the effect of the room, love the blue accent pieces they add that touch of blue like the sea side.
    It's a cozy space Kathleen, and one to cuddle up in read a great book or thumb through some magazines for inspiring ideas. Sometimes a room just needs a old weathered door leaning with all the attention it adds to a space.

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love what you did. Your home is jut gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous photos, it makes me want spring even more, it is early days of spring in NZ and I can't wait for the warmer weather.

    I love your garden potting shed, I am after something similar as a studio for me to paint in but in NZ they cost a fortune and I had a recent quote which was $15,000!!

    I don't often leave comments but do follow along your blog and your lovely home and garden.

    ReplyDelete