Wednesday, July 15, 2015

~Outdoor Views~

I took these photos of this outdoor area of our property a few weeks ago and haven't had time to post them until now. This is a courtyard just before you walk the pathway to our fenced in garden.  Enjoy!  xoxo K.
 These roses in vintage French yogurt jars came from this arbor below.

Unfortunately they are already done blooming with all this heat we've been having this year and since they are the old fashioned variety they only bloom once.  I got some starts of these many years ago from my sister who had some growing next to her old farmhouse. They smell heavenly and are my favorite roses. The pathway here leads you out of the garden where straight ahead is our house and if you turn to your right you will see the Garden House.
These photos were taken shortly after I had planted all my pots and planter boxes so they've all filled in more since then and my foxgloves and daisies growing along the fence were beautiful this year but I'll be out there today pruning them back already.
I hope your week is going well because I can't believe it's already Wednesday!  Is it just me or does Summer seem to be flying by?

16 comments:

  1. Kathleen, your yard is beautiful and so romantic. I love the beautiful arch you've created and the rustic mixed with the flowers. Don't you wish the blooms would last longer?! Just a little..
    love and blessings~
    Lynda @ Gates of Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful backyard. I especially like your courtyard. What a wonderful place to sit and relax!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is all beautiful. We too have had a short growing season because of the heat. How do you keep the weeds from growing in you rock areas? Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathleen is beautiful quisiera que fuera mi casa me gusta mucho adentro como afuera me encanta, que tengas un buen dia :) nelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. This definitly lookes like paradise on earth - sooo beautiful :))
    Heavenly hours, greetings from Méa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathleen, your home and gardens are just beautiful. My breath is taken away everytime I see them. I can just imagine the quietness and the birdsong one would hear just sitting at your table..Happy Wednesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have beautiful property!!! And I love the French yogurt jars and how you used them!!! I love flowers but am not much of a summer person, so even though it is going fast I cannot wait for the fall!!! Thanks for sharing and enjoy the rest of the summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely. Bet you enjoy the times you spend out there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Kathleen, so beautiful your garden is! Love your roses and how you decorate in your home!

    Many greetings from Ida, Norway.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kathleen, I just am lost in the beauty of your gardens, the faded weathered table, your cottahe shed, and I want to move in.... Breathtaking magazine garden yard.

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kathleen, my visits here (not often enough) are the sweetest I know. You have created a beautiful place for your family there. I have always loved your home and garden and whenever I get to see how you live, it's always an inspiration to me. That rose covered arbor makes me sigh :)
    hugs from here...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kathleen your pictures capture a mental escape. I enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful...dreamy and just lovely!
    Have a great friday, take care...

    Love, Titti

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Kathleen, you`re so right... summer is flying away. Your outdoor areas are so lovely and beautiful ♥ Oh, and I`m absolutely in love with your white bistro chairs ♥
    xoxo, Alexandra

    ReplyDelete