Friday, June 26, 2015

~On the Porch~


It's already time for Farmhouse Friday again and this month's theme is Porches.  I think of mine as an extension of my home in the Summer.  Enjoy! xoxo K. 

This area to the right of the front door is where an old primitive cupboard and some white and rusty iron pieces hold many pots filled with flowers. 

I was late in planting all my pots this year so many of these will look better later in the season when they are filled in and have more blooms.

The rest of the porch is home to an iron set of two chairs and a bench where you can find me on most  warm evenings relaxing with a good book or magazine. 

This end has a bench filled with statuary a couple birdhouses my husband made me and more blooms along with this large galvanized box for extra storage.

I've had this girl statue for many years and she is my favorite with her great patina and sweet face♥

I hope you take some time to be inspired by all the other porches as well.


Farmhouse-Porch-thumbnail
TOWN AND COUNTRY LIVING
FARMHOUSE BACK PORCH- Create a cozy space on your porch or patio-stonegableblog.com
  STONEGABLE
Farmhouse-Porch-7048
  HOUSE OF HAWTHORNES
IMG_9877
  FARMHOUSE 5540  
FARMHOUSE
  FADED CHARM  

17 comments:

  1. This porch looks like it stepped out of a magazine! There are so many fabulous things to pour over here. I'll need to get a second cup of coffee and get busy!!! LOVE the vintage garden vibe!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathleen I love the garden architectural stuff on your wall! I never would have thought of that and now it's all I can think of! I need to find a vintage trellis!!! Thanks for sharing your porch today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tour of your darling front porch. Then bench looks like a perfect spot to curl up and read a good book. The table your husband made for you full of awesome art pieces really touched me. Have a great w/k. fondly ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks so lovely !
    Gail x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe breathtaking. Always such inspiration here. One of my all time favorite blogs. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Swooning over all your chippys out there. That little girl is the sweetest. Love her. Happy Friday Kathleen. Have a great week end.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always enjoy visits to your blog! You may not realize this, but you have been a huge inspiration
    to me! I recently shared our farmhouse guest bedroom on my blog, which just made a magazine, and you inspired me to go neutral in this room. Just thought I'd share this with you! :)

    LOVE your porch!!!! Lots of fun stuff there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and congratulations on your magazine feature♥

      Delete
  8. What's not to love? So charming, beautiful and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhhh, it's so lovely.
    Thank you for sharing.
    *Smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lovely !
    I always enjoy to visit your blog. Thank you so much. Sylvie Lin Hortense

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all your clay pots and your vintage wrought iron furniture is fabulous!! What a great place to relax and enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty Kathleen. I know I say it every time but you are so good at making the most calming and cohesive spaces, both indoors and out. So inspiring, as always:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet and inspiring post! You stir my soul xox ~Maryjane

    ReplyDelete