Thursday, May 28, 2015

~Fresh Herbs in the Kitchen~

In Spring before we have our garden planted, I like to keep a few fresh herbs in the kitchen for easy access while cooking.  They will soon be taken outside to be added with many more different varieties to some raised beds.  Enjoy! xoxo K.

Thyme and basil are a couple favorites!

The sun is shining through these kitchen windows and is always a happy sight to wake up to in the morning.  Another thing I like to add to my windowsill this time of year is wheat grass for a pop of green in the kitchen.  I've recently seen a couple recipes where you can add it to smoothies which I'd like to try♥

If you haven't entered the giveaway for the $350 gift card at Polders Old World Market which will end May 29th, you can click here and sign up at the end of that post.   

Enjoy your weekend!


  1. So nice! You have such a light and awesome kitchen, too. Lovin' it!

  2. Love the herbs' making for a wonderful smell to cooking, but your counters I love even that much more.... Wonderful kitchen, one of country cooking joy!


  3. I can just tell by the pictures that your kitchen must smell so good and fresh! I think fresh herbs in the kitchen are so nice...pretty and yummy.

  4. Kathleen,
    It's always so nice seeing all the beautiful pics from your kitchen.


  5. How pretty and fresh this all looks. Very, very charming.

  6. I love how fresh the green looks against your lovely cream kitchen. I also like to have herbs in the kitchen for cooking. In Ireland most mediterranean herbs won't survive outside with all the rain. Anyway they look and smell good inside. Jen x

  7. You have just given me an idea.

    Steve is a gourmet cook and prefers fresh herbs, but I don't have any growing right now. I am going to buy some herbs at the nursery today and put them on the cabinet in our entry. They will be right next to a window and just adjacent to the kitchen.

    Thanks for the inspiration.

  8. I always like herbs in the kitchen. I have been growing herbs in my garden for 27 yrs. thyme is my favorite.

  9. What is your countertop made of???