Thursday, May 7, 2015

~For the Love of Lilacs~


My dining room has never looked so pretty as it does with these lovely lilacs from my yard in it and the aroma is intoxicating.  Enjoy!  xoxo K.

There is something about this time of year when the sun is shining, the birds are chirping and everything around our property starts to turn green and beautiful buds begin to bloom.  I notice as I'm driving the country roads that I live by, that every old farmhouse has a huge lilac bush blooming which just shows that these are an old fashioned flower and one of the first things we planted when we built our home.

I love fresh flowers in my home and especially this time of year because I can go outside and cut them myself knowing all my hard work of nurturing each tree, shrub and plant has paid off.   

These lilac blooms look especially good in this room in all the French green bottles and jars I've collected.  What do you think of the Ikea blanket that I used for a tablecloth?  I've found so many uses for them. 

And on the other end of this room I places some cuttings from a Bridal Veil Spirea in an ironstone tureen.  It's such a lovely addition to this shelf and these shrubs look great out in my yard right now all loaded with tiny white blooms.

Have a wonderful weekend!  Looks like sunny skies for us and I'm hoping to get some junk fixed, cleaned up and priced for The Farm Chicks Show which is coming up the first weekend in June!




20 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! Our lilacs are still in the tiny bud stage. I love when they flower, you can smell the aroma all around. And so so pretty. See how they stand out in your white décor. I just did a little post about that. It makes the colours of the flowers stand out. Your home is beautiful! Have a wonderful weekend! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Ikea blanket/tablecloth. The lilacs are so pretty. My region is a month later, the end of June for Lilacs. You have a pretty dining room. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I am horribly allergic to lilacs, I find them to be some of the prettiest flowers and they look lovely in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo beautiful Kathleen. I have lilac bushes all over my yard and I have had the windows open on these beautiful days and the smell is so heavenly. Love your dining room and the pretty pops of color from the lilacs. Happy Mom's Day this week end. Enjoy your special day.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. super super cute!!! Love the lilacs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never tire of seeing your lovely home. Your lilacs and spirea are beautiful. Love your clock, and the architectural piece above it. I'd like to find a good architectural salvage place close by! I could do some damage to my purse!! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dining room looks so fresh and I can smell all the lilacs... You are so right, they are really old fashioned. We live in an old house in which my husbands grandparents lived before. And our lilacs are the ones that his granny used to plant. They are treasure to us too ♥ Enjoy your weekend, Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how I miss lilacs! Every Mother's Day they would be in bloom and I would bring my mother baskets of them. They were her favorite flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so pretty. the scent of lilac is so amazing. they transport me to me childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your dining room is stunning and the lilacs are so beautiful! I love their fragrance! I have large bush that will be in bloom soon - I can't wait! Have a great weekend! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty!! Ours hasn't bloomed yet...I can't wait I love the heavenly smell!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything is so lovely! Can't help but pin a few. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love lilacs because my husband would bring me bouquets of them before we were married. We have lilacs growing on our farm and it is wonderful to step outside my door and smell their fragrance. I bring them inside too because even though it is raining and cold outside it smells like spring inside!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Like your blog!Welcome from my blog http://anmarysmagicalworld.blogspot.hu/ thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Like your blog!Welcome from my blog http://anmarysmagicalworld.blogspot.hu/ thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I´m in love with lilacs too and bring them in the house for their lovely smell.Your pictures are beautiful and I was thinking about buying that blanket,but didn´t....now seeing how charming it looks I regret my decision lol.It´s my first time on your blog and I like it alot....you have a new follower.Have a wonderful week.With greetings from Germany
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all of your beautiful fresh lilacs! I wish they were native here in GA so I could clip them and bring them indoors. I have to use faux ones. I think it's too hot and humid here to grow them. Gorgeous pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just lovely.. I think your bedroom looks so charming. The house I have inherited from my Mama has a Lilac tree but not so healthy so I might have to replace it for a new one...I love them too.. Your Lilacs add a lovely pop of color.. Happy Wednesday with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love lilacs! They are so beautiful and the sweetest smelling flower. I am so in love with your house and your blog. *sigh*
    New follower ;)

    ReplyDelete