Thursday, April 2, 2015

~Flowering Branches~

You know it's Spring when the fruit trees start blooming like these delicate pear blossoms.  Enjoy! xoxo K.

There are so many things I love about flowering branches.  One, they are free, two, they are just outside my door and three, I know the warmer weather is on it's way after they start to bloom.  

I like their simplicity in this French galvanized pitcher brightening up my laundry room♥  You can see the other side of this room HERE.

I'm hoping to share some of our apple blossoms also after they are blooming. 

Here's another branch sitting among some kitchen utensils along with this ceramic egg carton I purchased from Anthropologie.  A fun addition to any Easter decor and a perfect place for these eggs I got from my sister's chickens.

If you follow me on Instagram, you saw these beautiful branches from my Quince bush that I added to this market bag.

I hope you have a nice weekend and a blessed Easter Sunday!


  1. Kathleen, I love all your fresh touches. I'm still waiting for something to bloom where I'm at but temps are in the 60 s today with a thunderstorm forecast for this afternoon so I'm hoping that greens things up a bit. Also, I now have a green door in my laundry room. When I saw yours I ask my husband about a door I saw in the shed on our farm. He brought it home for me and all I did was clean it up. He said it was off of an old coal room in his parents basement when he was a kid. I love it. I also love the cushions and pillow on your bench. Did you make them yourself?

  2. What a lovely room beautiful.

  3. The flowering branches look gorgeous in those lovely settings. Our fruit trees aren't blossoming yet, we are too high up and it is too cold still.

  4. How pretty they are!
    Happy Easter!

  5. Ohhh Kathleen, I am glad, I found you! This is... beautiful! You have the ability to set a mood. Oh, I am follower now. THIS is different and so inspiting. Your stile is so true (I hope, this is the right English word...), down to earth and... the real thing.
    So greetings from Germany, a wonderful eastertide, Méa :)), who will "stalk" your other posts now, hahaha

  6. How beautiful at your everything! Very nice pictures too...
    Best wishes for a Happy Easter!
    Warm hug,

  7. So pretty, everywhere I turn here in France there is blossom, in gardens, in villages and towns and in the wild. The blackthorn hedges are literally a sea of white flowers that look amazing, if only the sun would shine I will go and photograph these! Have a very happy Easter

  8. SUCH a beautiful room! all the great details and I just realized it's also your laundry room. I have always wanted a laundry room/entrance combo! With 5 kids wearing mucky or wet clothes it would be great to have an all in one room like that! I am forcing blossoms on our apple branches-they have just broken out-hopefully they continue to flower-our spring is still yucky and snow on the ground! ~Mel

  9. Happy Easter Kathleen !
    Gail x

  10. I love its simple decoration !!! beautiful easter wishes angie from Germany