Monday, March 16, 2015

~Spring has Sprung in the Garden House~


After the blustery and wet weekend we had it is nice to look back at these photos from last week when it was warm and sunny reaching up to 70 degrees a couple of the days.  I took advantage of that nice weather to get out into the Garden House and clean up a bit getting everything ready for Spring. Welcome and enjoy! xoxo K.

These cheery daffodils came from my yard and are always a sure sign that Spring is not far off.  I like the contrast of the yellow with the zinc of this French pitcher 

We still have many things to finish in this little outbuilding one of which is refurbishing this old cast iron sink which is stained and has a few rusted spots which isn't bad if that's all we have to do to a free sink.  I love how it looks sitting in this bench my husband made from weathered wood and he still needs to get all the plumbing hooked up.

I can still use this area when potting, but running water out here would come in real handy at times.  I am also going to paint these salvaged windows white and we need to finish adding the galvanized tin to some walls and get the lighting hung over this area.

This single old galvanized sink fit perfectly in this corner behind the door and is great for holding my potting soil and the top can be used as an extra surface if needed.

Like most things around here this is a work in progress, but considering I waited 10 years for this space, I think i can be patient in finishing it off:-)

I hope Spring has sprung where you are and I'm excited to see the sunshine back today!


18 comments:

  1. Oh, what a breath of fresh air your pretty post is, Kathleen! I would LOVE to have a true potting shed.
    You are quite blessed, my dear - and I adore what you have done so far. What wonderful touches!

    Yes, spring come and stay a nice long while, please! Our snow banks are melting, a good sign - but we're a long ways from my daffodils yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loooooove your garden house. Let's hope Spring is coming soon.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my dear me- the RUSTIC AND THE PRIMATIVE JUST "H U G S M E"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love your potting shed and that wonderful old enamel sink. The galvanized one is sweet too. I imagine you will spend many hours there preparing plants for the spring and summer months. We are under tons of snow here yet but I'm thankful that it's mid-March and it won't last much longer. Have a wonderful week. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden shed is so very perfect!! I want one one day :) You sure have made it a lovely space, I know you have so much fun in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love seeing those wonderful daffodils and your amazing garden house, Happy Spring, Kathleen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your shed, I think that I could live there! Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your garden house - its so neat. I have always wanted one, but never got it, to many other things I needed before that.
    Have a great week and lots of sunshine.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stumbled on your blog today. So glad I did. Lovely and inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! Please visit my blog or etsy! www.soulserenade.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's awesome to have garden house, love all little touches.

    Carpet cleaning Ealing

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your Garden House... definitely an Inviting space that a decade's worth of waiting paid off for! Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  13. So lovely! I've always thought that a little potting shed was the perfect place not only to attend to plants, but to sit and dream and plan. Those daffodils are so pretty! I can't wait for ours to come up! Come on spring! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just found your blog and I love it! Also love this Garden House and I think the old sink is perfect, what a find, it works so perfectly with the rustic wood and all the zinc. We have just finished renovating a big old house in South West France, now that spring is here we too have to move on to the summer kitchen and I cannot wait. It has a huge original fireplace and old cobbled floor. It was originally the wash house going back some 100 years or more, it was built in 1800. I love gathering ideas from other people and it is going to be so much fun. Thank you for all your wonderful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the space! I've always wanted to have a potting shed or a green house. I love being outside in the spring--it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a dreamy spot! I love it! Love all the gorgeous details! ~Mel

    ReplyDelete
  17. I adore your garden house, it looks amazing. All that galvanise and the reclaimed wood. I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete