Tuesday, March 3, 2015

~Laundry Room Essentials~


I have to admit that laundry is not my favorite chore to do, but by surrounding myself with items not only functional but lovely makes it a little bit easier to enjoy.  xoxo K.

This room often has fresh flowers either on the table in the middle or on the other side of the room as seen HERE .  The door to this room is located on the side of the house where we park and is most often where we enter the house, so it's nice to be greeted by flowers.

Jars holding extra laundry detergent and soap sit on a shelf above the washer and dryer while towels are hung from a numbered rack. My vintage wooden ironing board leans between the dryer and window for easy access...which reminds me that I have quite a bit of ironing to do!!! 

My favorite piece in this room is the vintage galvanized double sink that we had plumbed into the wall.  It is very large which is nice for soaking clothes, scrubbing dirty shoes and even putting together flower arrangements.  It also has a galvanized top(not shown) so can be used as an extra table top of needed.  

I recently ordered some Savon de Marseille olive oil soap for both this room and a couple bathrooms.   

We are lucky to still be having nice weather which I'm really enjoying and many of my bushes are starting to get new growth along with my pink camellia bush bursting with these blooms.♥♥♥

25 comments:

  1. Love that room! Can you believe we had a double sink like that years ago and gave it away?? UGH! Regretted it ever since!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have the prettiest laundry room ever, ever, ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I have a new dream: a laundryroom like yours!
    Jeannine - Belgium

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that sink! Great vintage decor in this room. I wouldn't mind doing laundry in there either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the farmhouse charm of your sweet laundry room - my it is a large space to be able to have a table there - mine is galley style and so slender of a space, wish they would have made the master bath smaller (other side of the laundry room wall) to accommodate a folding table or a little bit more space. Love yours. That galvanized tub completes the room so perfectly.

    I CANNOT EVEN BELIEVE it is warm where you are, and you have bushes blooming, holy smokes. Come look at my last post to show you MY weather (and a fun giveaway so won't be too depressing, haha.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to sacrifice one of those twin sinks [mine was home made] when we relocated from the Farm in Texas back to Alabama. Your giving it 'function' with the plumbing is a FABULOUS idea! One of those requiring that "Why did I not think of that" responses!!! I have in recent weeks seen one at a fav antique place...mmm something to think about. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I would LOVE a laundry room like that. I would have so much more fun. Mine is in the garage and it's not nearly as cute! I love the shelf that your laundry soap sits on. Very cute! Actually, I love your whole house and style.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. Enough space, great things to look at, vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  9. their decoration is beautiful !!! they are very creative !!! I signed up with instagram than follover !!! a nice evening wishes angie from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  10. How pretty, Kathleen and it's all arranged so perfectly.That would make doing laundry a pleasant task! And the flowers are gorgeous! Most of my herbs are coming up. Spring is so close. Thank you for the inspiration.

    Best wishes,
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I looooove your laundry room! What a great place to do the washing, drying and folding.... makes housework much easier!!! From next weekend on spring is supposed to finally arrive here, let's hope so!! Your beauitful camilia flowers make me want to go and work in the little garden... at the moment we all still having the flu over here, but it can only get better... ;-) Sending lovely greetings from Germany, Lony x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very charming! Great job! Like the jars with the soap! Love the sink!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a breath of fresh air -- those sweet camellia flowers -- it warms my heart here in the frozen North East.
    Love your sink!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love everything about this room! To me, it has a 1940's-cabin vibe. The washtub is a really great piece, and you have kept it all pared down so that you notice all the details. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice! I will NOT show mine...;)

    Hugs from Linda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your laundry room!! Mine in is the unfinished part of our basement.
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! I would be looking for things to wash just to spend time in that room! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so cute! I love all of the vintage items you've used! I need to work on my laundry room! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete
  19. It all looks beautiful ! and yes it's such a good idea to make your "work" room attractive ...I tend to hide my ironing pile .....hehe !
    Gail x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your laundry room is stylist and practical! Love all the vintage touches. I've never seen a galvanised sink like that before, it's a really interesting and useful piece. I'm not lucky enough to have a laundry room, it's not something that is stsndard in Irish building unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete