Monday, March 23, 2015

~A Neutral Palette~


There is something very soothing about a neutral palette to me.  White walls are a perfect background for weathered wood furnishings and architectural pieces in the breakfast nook of our kitchen.  To see the other side of my kitchen you can go HERE.  Enjoy!  xoxo K.

My white camellia bush erupted with blooms this past week so I have been enjoying some in the house and I always love the contrast of white with the dark green foliage.   

I like to add softer touches as well with pillows on the window seat, cafe curtains, a crystal chandelier and ironstone throughout this area. 

French baskets are great for storing extra linens, mail or all the paperwork the kids are always bringing home and this wood screened primitive cupboard is the perfect size for some of my ironstone pitcher collection.   

More architectural details are added to this wall with my favorite primitive white cupboard by placing two old columns on either side.  
A huge weathered header helps separate the two rooms by hanging above this counter.

Please join me at the end of this week where I will be joining a few ladies for a new monthly series that I'm really excited about.

Have a great week!

25 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to start my day. Thanks for sharing such beauty..

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your wood is lovely. The hanging header is a unique idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your room and all the pretty ways you have decorated it. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kahtleen es hermosisima tu decoracion me encanta y la veo varias veces no me cansa de verla..
    nelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the raw wood look on your dining table. Is it sealed and if so with what. If not, how does it hold up. Thanks. Gorgeous home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post made me smile, Kathleen...just so lovely and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's really is a restful, and still interesting, room you have created. Lots of texture does a great job of replacing colour for visual interest here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh! All your rooms are adorable! Love your decorating! So charming! Love all your pillows! Love your chicken wire hutch! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like all your neutral colors. So peaceful and relaxing

    ReplyDelete
  10. We share such similar taste...So lovely; thank you. Anna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh, I love it! Neutral palettes are sooo soothing. And I think they will always be a classic style for the home :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty kitchen/breakfast room, you have illustrated your blog's name "faded charm" to utter perfection :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kathleen,
    You're absolutely right. I also have white walls and gives peace.
    You have a lovely kitchen, beautiful white and Brocant!
    Have a nice day!

    Kind regards,
    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  14. Always Picture Perfect if I could only keep my house as clean and organized.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all your treasured salvage re loved back into your home. So awesome.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  16. It all looks so gorgeous Kathleen ! simple but oh so stylish !!
    Gail x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! I love all the light colors, pillows and architectural pieces! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've always loved your style, Kathleen. You have such great collections.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful...right out of a classy magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your breakfast nook is to die for. I love the neutral palette and all the warm wooden pieces. Love how the old header separates the two areas, very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Tout est magnifique, très bel intérieur réalisé avec amour.
    Amitiés,
    Anne-Michèle

    ReplyDelete