Friday, February 13, 2015

~Bathroom Details~

Sometimes I see some flowers while doing my weekly shopping and know exactly where I want to put them in my house.  These purple tulips jumped out at me and right next to them were some sweet delicate wax flowers( these ones were actually already open so I knew I wouldn't have the same problem as the last bunch I bought...that never did open).  

This room isn't very big which makes it hard to get photos of the whole thing. The shower is is to the left of the metal piece that holds extra towels and toilet paper and there is a linen cabinet behind the door as well. 

These blooms looked so perfect together and I couldn't wait to get them home into this beautiful trophy! Enjoy!  xoxo K.

Do you ever feel that the bathroom is never quite picture worthy.  Well this one usually is not since it is shared by my two teenage daughters and  I will give them credit for having it picked up and things put in the appropriate drawer most of the time, but they are busy girls and have a life after all!  I on the other hand am the one who gets to clean this bathroom so since the sun was shining, I had those beautiful flowers and it was clean, I decided to take a few photos.  

I really haven't changed much in here for a while and am toying with the idea of putting subway tile as the back splash in the kitchen, so depending how that goes, I might do some in here as well. I have contemplated changing what I have on the wall behind the toilet, but I still really like it, so it will stay for a little while longer.

The Beech wood counter top is getting worn in spots so it will need to be sanded down soon. 

 My heather is blooming like crazy right now so I added some to this glass beaker which I got from my sister a few years ago along with a few of these glass jars.  She works at a school and they were having a sale so she got a bunch of this kind of stuff from the Science Department and let me have some things....love old jars with labels, writing or etching on them♥

I did recently get a new rug for in here and found some of these Turkish towels at Home Goods.  

My daughters both thanked me for the lovely flowers in their bathroom when they got home from school......kind of a little early Valentines surprise♥

Enjoy your weekend and Happy Valentine's Day!




27 comments:

  1. such a lovely bathroom !! so many lovely and inspirational details...have a lovely valentine's weekend ! Gail x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely. I look forward to each and every post. Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathleen, we're renovating our quest bathroom so I enjoy seeing bathroom ideas. I like the wire basket on the wall..I think I'll try one and see how it looks. I'm headed to an auction tomorrow and they have trophies..I maybe bidding on one now that I've seen yours full of flowers. Thanks a bunch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love everything about this bathroom. Really love the counter. Thank you for sharing. I have something like that wire tray in my bathroom and I rolled up white towels and attached old bingo cards with clothes pins to it. I love your blog. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathleen,
    Your bathroom is beautiful. Love the sweet touches everywhere.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! I really like the basket thingy over the toilet. I know that everyone gets tired of things but I think the whole room looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoy your how you decorate your home. I'm sure a lot of hard work has gone into her. Beautiful. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely bathroom your girls are very lucky to have such a nice room. I need to start thinking outside the box as I love the heather twigs in the vase I have one small bush which will be getting clipped very soon. Also love the hand towel ring, may I ask where you got it, it's lovely.
    Blessings, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's just lovely . I love all the details. You don't need a spacious bath To have that "wow" factor! And yours is "wow!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely bathroom. I just brought home a bouquet of yellow tulips. I needed a little sunshine in my life today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my!! So gorgeous! Love the wire basket for a shelf, the flowers, and using the silver tray to hold your things. You've inspired me to do some of this in my master bath. Love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I try to always have at least a sprig of something in the bathroom. I just love having fresh flowers in any room. Right now it's Daphne. Your whole space is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't know which is most impressive, that your girls keep their things picked up or the beautiful bath and purple flowers. All of the extras are so lovely. I like the creamy walls too. Linda PS I have 2 teen girls who share a bath too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. dear kathleen, such a lovely bathroom!!! happy valentin!!! angie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks so beautiful, love how the purple pops!

    ReplyDelete
  16. If you're like me, the bathroom is where you do your best thinking. To that end, why not surround yourself with inspiration...which you did beautifully!
    I love fresh flowers and if I could get away with it, I'd probably put a bouquet in the toilet bowl!
    XO
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely gorgeous!!!!!
    I want your bathroom :-)
    diane @ thoughts & shots

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful bathroom...makes me want to say Ahhhhhhhhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How I love your beautiful home Kathleen. I love the details you put into every room and this bathroom exudes such charm. The tulips and wax flower's color is rich and oh so pretty!!!! I bet seeing them really made your girl's day.Lucky, lucky girls to have such a pretty bathroom :)))
    sending hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  20. lovely. Flowers in my bathroom! and are your counters wood?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Kathleen your home is just stunning and I LOVE this bathroom! Your special touches are just perfect and those flowers...perfect!!
    blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a pretty bathroom! I love the countertop and all of the details you have added. Your daughters are very lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a pretty bathroom, Kathleen! The flowers really add a nice touch. I love the natural light you have coming in here. I really miss having windows in my bathrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just love your bathroom! Your pictures gives me so much inspiration, thank you!
    Have a happy week,
    Titti

    ReplyDelete