Tuesday, January 13, 2015

~Winter Whites~

I know that in my last post I said I was adding more color to my home and I am, but I also consider white a color especially in Winter. With so many dark and dreary days this time of year I depend on the whites in my decor to help me through those days.  Enjoy! xoxo K.

This is my favorite corner in my house.  It's the first thing I see when I wake up in the morning and if the sun is shining through that window I have no problem getting out of bed and starting my day.  On those MANY dark and chilly mornings during Winter I'd rather lay in bed a little longer if I can enjoying  this view.

This weathered folding table fits this spot perfectly and I like the addition of the vintage white bistro chair.

I moved this chippy window that my sister gave to me over 10 years ago from my living room to here and hung a preserved boxwood wreath from Decor Steals to it.  Along with some French goodies such as books, an enamel canister and cafe au lait bowl filled with pinecones it is Winter simplicity at it's best.  The ironstone gravy boat is filled with white hyacinths that I forced to bloom before Christmas.

I like to decorate with pinecones during the Winter and I'm hoping to share some other areas in my home and how I display them.  Crossing my fingers that the sun will shine on a day that I'm actually home so I can get those photos taken!

Enjoy the week ahead and I hope the sun shines wherever you are.  We've had lots of fog lately and looks like rain most of the week. (Maybe I'll just stay here and enjoy my whites:-) 

24 comments:

  1. I LOVE everything about that space...beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My eye went right to the enamel canister. So pretty. White has always been my favorite 'colour'. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings Kathleen... Love Your ~*PeRfeCtLy-ChiPPy*~ Criss Cross Window!*!*! BeSt...
    Jeanine Burkhardt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your decor Kathleen! I need to rearrange some of my things also. It has been awhile. I have not been inspired at antique malls around here. I need some new stomping grounds! Seems they are all flea markets just wanting to unload junk. sigh. LOVE your pretty corner and all that adorns it.
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can understand why it is your favorite corner. It would be mine too. He weathered table is my favorite along with your sheer white curtains. Such a lovely spot. Your Winter whites are everything that I love. xxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathleen I believe that there is color in white. When you see a snow flake shine it has every color of the rainbow in it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. White is always a good choice! Actually it`s my favorite one :-) Sometimes I consider whether I don`t use too much of it... xoxo, Alexandra PS: I love your vintage window so much ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always enjoy your whites and everything you share. I just soak things in when I am at your home. Blessings, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful and peaceful post, thanks for sharing your lovely corner. Patty/NS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Serenely beautiful Kathleen! I love your whites....always inspiring. It's sunny here...cold...but sunny. Wishing you a lovely day! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful whites. I am hoping to go more white this year in my home.
    Rosezeeta.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So peacfull and serene I am inspired to make a corner like this too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kathleen,
    What a lovely and fresh view you have when you wake in the morning! We should all start and end our day with something beautifully inspiring.
    Hugs,
    Linda at Beautiful Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your pictures look like they're right out of a magazine! I love the whites mixed with some greenery. That is such a pretty little corner in your bedroom. I love that old window you used with the preserved boxwood wreath on it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really need all the white I can get in these dull Winter days (beautiful little corner).

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love white, so love your photos ... what a lovely view to start the day ..... I usually force some hyacinths , it's so nice when they flower because it really feels like spring is just around the corner...
    Gail x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that corner and your winter whites. That weathered table and chairs is awesome. What a beautiful corner. I bet it makes you smile.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  18. Winter whites...so beautiful...just my colour! Love it!
    Have a great evening, take care...
    Titti

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, what a lovely view from your bed that is, Kathleen! I think I would stay there and just enjoy it, too. : ) We have, luckily, had a couple of nice sunny days here, even though it is cold. I find it really keeps my mood up. It is supposed to be nice until Sunday, when there is some rain/snow in the forecast, but I'm hoping they might be wrong about that.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sweet tablescape with your hyacinths and little table! I need to get out of doors this weekend and trim up the boxwood ~ may try and make a little wreath myself! :) Love all of your white! I am finding that the busier life becomes, and the older I get, I need the calming influence of white. :)
    Have a lovely weekend,
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the corner and the way you displayed everything so beautifully. I never tire of looking at your home and displays. I love the way you mix the warm wood tones, with various shades of white and items with a weathered patina. so interesting and warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Now that is a beautiful corner Kathleen! I love those slips on the cushions on the bench. LOVE them.
    You have created so many lovely corners and spaces in your home like the one in the previous post with the wonderful green door. I could have a hay day shopping in your house :)))
    sending hugs...

    ReplyDelete