Friday, January 2, 2015

~My Love of Baking~

Welcome to 2015! I'm looking forward to what this new year brings and have been thinking I will add some recipes this year on my blog since I enjoy and spend quite a bit of my time baking and cooking.  Enjoy!  xoxo K.

I made this Pomegranate White Chocolate Almond Scone recipe before Christmas and loved it so much that I still wanted to share it with you now.

I've been making scones  a lot more ever since I purchased this ceramic scone pan from World Market this past Fall.  I don't know about you, but I was never able to cut them all to be the same size and this eliminates struggling with that part of making scones and they can even be served straight from the pan.

I didn't have almonds on hand, but still really enjoyed this recipe that follows which I found here.  I also cook my scones a little longer than the recipe calls for in this pan so this one was cooked for 20 minutes and they turned out perfect!  

Pomegranate White Chocolate Almond Scones

A buttery, flaky scone bursting with juicy and tart pomegranates, white
chocolate chips, and slivered almonds!
Author: Sarah @ The Gold Lining Girl
Recipe type: Breakfast - sweet
Serves: 8 scones

Ingredients
2½ c. flour
3 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. baking powder
dash of salt
½ c. cold unsalted butter
1 c. white chocolate chips
⅓ c. slivered almonds
1 c. pomegranate seeds
2 eggs, lightly beaten
½ c. eggnog or half-and-half
1 tsp. almond extract
1-2 tbsp. eggnog or half-and-half, for brushing scones
sugar, for sprinkling

Directions
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
2. Using a pastry blender or a knife, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
3. Add in white chocolate chips and slivered almonds, tossing to combine well.
4. Carefully fold in pomegranate seeds.
5. In a small bowl, stir together eggs, eggnog, and almond extract.
6. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture, and pour the egg mixture into the well.
7. Turn dough out onto a generously floured surface, and knead dough 6-8 times, slowly forming it into a
large ball.
8. Place onto a greased baking sheet, and carefully flatten the ball into a large disk, about ¾-inch thick.
9. Cut into 8 wedges, and gently pull the wedges slightly apart.
10. Brush each scone lightly with eggnog, and sprinkle with a pinch of sugar.
11. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.

Recipe by The Gold Lining Girl at http://thegoldlininggirl.com /2014/11/24/pom egranate-white-chocolate-alm ond-scones/

Enjoy your first weekend of the New Year!

19 comments:

  1. Your scones look delicious and I like the plate you had to bake them in. I might try the recipe sometime. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I need to try this as I discovered my love for pomegranate seeds last hour so the next step for this year is to try them in more variety!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOO,I love scones so much and yours look perfect. Now, when cooking with pomegranates, what about the seeds ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The seeds are what you use for this recipe:-)

      Delete
  4. This looks lovely. Thank you for the recipe.
    Rosezeeta.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks delicious. I will try it someday. Thanks for sharing. Have a Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will definitely be trying this one Kathleen! It looks and sounds delicious. I will be putting scone pan down on my shopping list---that's for sure!
    Have a great 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always wondered how people eat things with pomegranate seeds baked inside?

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, what great pictures for !!! a happy new year wishes angie from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this I must try for sure! Looks so good and tasty...
    Have a beautiful weekend, take care!
    Warm hug,
    Titti

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your recipe sounds so delish! I want to try it soon......do I see "Salem Swirl" dishes in your photo?
    I LOVE those. I picked up 6 dinner plates at GW this fall for $4.75 and was thrilled. I love mix and match white dishware used together. Happy New Year! Marie W.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kathleen, I have made these scones, minus the white chocolate. They were the best with a cup of tea. I can only imagine how good when the chocolate is added..Happy New Year..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely recipe! Looks and sounds great... can`t wait to read more about your baking. I`ll have a inspiration in 2015... xoxo, Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yumm! This looks delish and I love scones! A must try!
    Happy 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks delicious!
    Happy new year, Nico

    ReplyDelete
  15. YUM! :) It looks delicious, your photos are fabulous. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
    Happy New Year!
    xox...Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those scones look fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Kathleen, I'm Amanda and I'm new to the blogosphere. I just wanted to say that you're a kindred design spirit of mine, my home is white/cream/neutral/brown with hints of green...and I adore everything about your home. You've got such a splendid eye for styling, and your photography skills really do your home justice! So nice to visit your page and be inspired (and perhaps a little jealous of some of your lovely finds!). Thanks for sharing your lovely blog. xo~Amanda

    ReplyDelete