Wednesday, December 17, 2014

~Rustic Elegance~

Today I'm sharing my living room in all it's rustic elegance.  This year's Christmas decorating was definitely a work in progress, but it's all done and now on to finishing the shopping, wrapping,baking and cleaning so I can spend time with my family relaxing!  Enjoy!  xoxo K.

I bought a new tree skirt this year from Ruffled Linens along with the tablecloth from the last post.

I dug out the tote with green vintage shiny brites and mixed them with burlap garland and bows along with some mercury glass ornaments . 

A mora clock has been on my wish list for many years and guess what the first thing I saw hanging on the wall when I walked into my friend Kathy's new store, Fleurs was?  This clock!  A perfect birthday present,don't you think?  I was thrilled and my husband was glad he didn't have to think of what to buy me:-)

I just used the stockings from last year since I didn't get the red striped grainsack ones made.  I bought the fabric last year, but like many things on my list lately, it didn't happen!   

I added a few of my Madonnas on the mantel this year with some French books♥   

I changed this wall since I got the new mora clock for this room and put the clock that was here down in the basement. 

 The benches look better with less clutter on them.

Any spare minute I have at night , I like to sit here and enjoy this tree.  There is something so magical about a Christmas tree all lit up at night.

I've still got my kitchen area and bedroom to share in the next few days and then will post a few of each in a home tour right before Christmas. 

32 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Kathleen! Your home looks wonderful....definitely reflects your keen eye for style and design. Love the clock...I didn't know that was the name. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathleen, what beautiful and understated elegance. I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas! Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home is peaceful in all its natural decor for Christmas. Very french nordic country living. Lovely. Joyeux Noel

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello, kathleen, thanks for the great pictures and inspirations, a nice evening wishes angie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tree. There's something magical about a Christmas tree at night. I agree. I wish I could get finished with my wrapping baking and cleaning as well. Way to much to do. Your home is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks so beautiful!!! I love the way your fireplace and mantel are decorated.....gorgeous!
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your decorating. So cosy and rustic. Beautiful. :) Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. So simple but elegant! I love it all :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. just loverly ~ the whites, creams neutrals and greens are so very calming ~
    Merry Christmas to you & yours from Notforgotten Farm

    ReplyDelete
  10. every touch is just beautiful. calm and cozy and serene with the wonderful tree. LOVE your new clock and how you've sprinkled in the lovely Pointsettias!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohmy dear I see and sense so much of the elegance that it's difficult to find the rustic. Beyond beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this room and I love the way you decorated it. Nice clock! Is your tree real or fake? It looks like the one you used last year and I love the spaces between the branches.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It all looks so beautiful. I love your clock. Have a Merry Christmas. Thelma xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely living room! I know what you mean about the magic of a lit tree. I spend too much time looking at ours at night....instead of wrapping!:) Your tree is beautiful.
    xoKathleen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how I LOVE this room!! Your rustic Christmas touches look stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Perfect! You have the touch. :)
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it all, Kathleen. I always especially love your architectural pieces. Beautiful. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Extremely gorgeous. Love the colors and the simplicity! Looks so classy. Have a Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful, I love all your elements. Di@Cottage-Wishes

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous, I just love this combination of natural linens white and fresh greenery, you have put it together so beautifully! Happy Christmas and yes enjoy your family!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Kathleen,
    I love the style of your tree...is it real? I would love to find a faux one like it. The room looks outstanding!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  22. So beautiful. I love your collection of Madonna's on the mantel. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Everything is beautiful. I'd like to ask like Kim, is your beautiful tree real or artificial? I really want an artificial tree with this look for my vintage ornaments and I've searched the internet and have found nothing that has this look that I crave so much. If it is artificial could you share it's brand, etc with us please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I entered my reply as a comment , so not sure if you will see it, but my tree is real.

      Delete
    2. Thanks. I was pretty sure that it was real, but I was hoping. It's beautiful. I'll keep up my search and maybe one day I'll find one that looks like a real spruce. Merry Christmas.

      Delete
  24. My tree is real so I'm not sure where you might find an artificial one.

    Thanks for your interest and Happy Holidays!
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  25. Everything looks so beautiful! I love he little boxwood wreath on your lovely vintage window! Your Mora clock s amazing!! I also adore your new tree skirt!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The green Shiny Brites on the tree are divine. I love your new clock. It's all so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love it all.. Love your clock .. Your tree is absolutely beautiful!! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Absolutely wonderful!! Love that new clock. Happy you finally found one..Merry Christmas..Judy

    ReplyDelete