Thursday, December 18, 2014

~Gift Wrapping Ideas~

I usually don't post in the evening, but since I got a few gifts wrapped today I wanted to share some easy ideas with you.  I know most of you are probably already done, but for those of you who are like me and are usually finishing their wrapping on Christmas eve, this might give you ideas on how to use what you already have.  Enjoy!  xoxo K.

I decided to use brown craft paper to wrap my presents this year, mostly because I knew I already had some and I am also using the same ribbon as last year too. I've been enjoying bouquets of eucalyptus these past couple months and I realized that when left in the water for a while they will dry on their own.  This gave me the idea to add it for something extra in my gift wrapping this year.

I found this burlap bag at Home Dept when I was buying some wreaths and poinsettias earlier and grabbed a few to put plants in since they are lined with plastic in the inside.  After getting home I realized they could be used for gifts any time of the year and wished I had bought more.  I might go back to see if there are any left.

This sweet tag with the barn was added into a package I received of a French green Durfur glass jar I bought  from Tracey at French Larkspur.  Isn't it a beautiful photo? I love it and think it's a great idea to take some of your own photos and have them made into tags.

Any kind of fresh or dried greens can be added to a bag for a festive touch and since my kids are older now I seem to like to use bags more, but still wrap a few because everyone loves to rip paper off a box and discover what's inside this time of year, right.

I hope you have a nice evening and that maybe I gave some of you some wrapping ideas:-)

Tomorrow I will have a post up showing some areas in my kitchen. Now that I have all my photos taken, I'm editing like crazy so I hope you don't get sick of seeing my posts showing up on your blog roll quite a bit this next week. 


  1. Fresh and so pretty! Brown craft paper makes the best looking wrappings. But I often end up using whatever paper I have on hand. Thanks for sharing this beauty!

  2. Gorgeous. Love the simple wrapping to make a big impact. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

  3. Beautiful Kathleen,they are so pretty under your tree too!

  4. I have used eucalyptus as well with rafia... Really makes a natural look on the kraft paper.