Monday, December 15, 2014

~Festive Touches~

I hope your Monday is off to a great start and that you had a nice weekend. The sun actually showed itself for a little while so I was able to take some photos of the inside of my home.  Today I'm sharing the rest of my dining room and if you click here it will take you to the post that has the other side of this room.  Enjoy!  xoxo K  

Keeping with the look of the hutch in here I added simple touches of greenery, ornaments, books and candles to the rest of the room.

I received a new tablecloth just in time for Christmas that I had custom ordered from Ruffled Linens.  I fell in love with this double ruffle and she does an amazing job.

More eucalyptus in the center of the table(I might be a little bit obsessed with this stuff) surrounded by old books, juniper and candles sitting on varying sizes of birch logs.

I always put this book bundle out at this time of year because someone wrote a note and then signed their name along with "Xmas 1920".  Sometimes I wish we could go back to simpler times when you just gave someone a book with a nice note, don't you?

Cedar draping from a clock makes a nice statement.

This verigated poinsettia is my favorite one this year sitting underneath a preserved boxwood wreath from Decor steals creates suttle beauty.

My corner cupboard got some festive touches as well with more greens, holly and red ornaments for a pop of color!

I still need to take photos of my bedroom and edit all the others, so this year I decided I will show each room in a seperate post and then put a few of each into a home tour that I will post around Christmas for you to enjoy.  This way if you like something you see you can pin it for next year's inspiration:-)

Thanks so much for following along with me here and have a wonderful day!
   

17 comments:

  1. WOW!!! It looks outstanding! Lovin' that pretty centerpiece on your table and your new tablecloth looks great.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simplicity. . . very pretty. Your ruffled tablecloth is to die for. I just received my 2nd pair of ruffled pillowcases from Ruffled Linens, now I have white and flax. . . I love her treasures !

    I love your blog, always so inspiring. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL.....as usual. Have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! I love every detail. Did you make that ruffled table cloth?

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of your Christmas decorations are beautiful. I love the centerpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful Kathleen! Your new ruffled tablecloth is 2.die.4!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful....I love the simpleness. I am gradually getting to appreciate that look more and more!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Each of these photos is a "pinner"! Put together so lovely. Your collections are wonderful dressed up for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wunderschöne bilder und inspirationen!!!!! liebe grüße von angie und eine schöne woche

    ReplyDelete
  10. Couldn't be more perfect.....I have fallen in love with your chandelier and wonder what the paint color is. I also love the combo of your wall paint and woodwork. Could you share the paint brand and color? Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this. The red ornaments in the white bowl are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your dinning room is charming; I love your corner cupboard! I love the inspiration of just giving a signed book, very classy and meaningful. I am so happy I found your blog. Happy Holidays and a Merry Christmas. Rié

    ReplyDelete
  13. just so wonderful pictures - love it all :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. All beautiful and I too love those red baubles, like holly berries!!

    ReplyDelete