Friday, December 5, 2014

~Advent Candles~

Last Sunday was the start of Advent and I always have candles to light during this season.  This year I placed them in the dining room.  Enjoy! xoxo K.

I just happened to have four of these tin containers which worked perfectly to place candles held by moss into and then tied some metal numbers on each one.

It's hard for me to believe how fast time is going and Christmas will be here before you know it!  Things have been busy around here and I don't even have a tree up yet, but did start some decorating in this corner area the other day.

I also have purchased all my wreaths, garlands and poinsettas so hopefully I can find some time to get more done to share with you soon.

A few vintage French grain sacks found their way onto the ladder and a couple of my paper whites are almost blooming.  I'm glad I staggered the plantings this year so I can enjoy the different stages of them in the next few weeks.

Juniper fills an old ironstone tureen and chesnuts found by my Dad while walking his dog  one morning lie underneath to add more festive touches to the shelf.

This Saturday the 6th is the Grand Opening of the new store Fleurs Vintage Charm where I am selling some of my vintage, architectural, garden and French farmhouse items.  This store is filled with wonderful unique items. There will be gift bags given to the first 25 customers who buy $25 or more and you can also put your name into a drawing to win merchandise of up to $100.  Holiday activities will be going on all day as well in the area and you can find more info on her blog HERE. 

10 comments:

  1. I stumbled on your blog thru Country Living recently and have checked everyday for updates. Appreciate the photos taken close up as well as from a distance. I have so many pieces similar to yours and now have many new ideas on ways to use them. Thanks for sharing your home and decorating talents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sooooooo sweeeeeet!!! thank you, angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful advent display Kathleen.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your style as I've probably said before. Ironstone is my favorite, but I do not have nearly as much and not any with as much character as yours. The little tin candle holders are adorable. Love your room!

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's all so lovely and so French Nordic style. I wish I could visit your shop space. Maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathleen, even one little corner is beautiful. I really love farmhouse style and admire how traditional Christmas touches goes so well with it. Yours is amazing..Happy Weekend..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Kathleen, can I move in for the holidays, it's so rustic In the best ways possible. Your room is like a photo out of JDA living magazine. It looks like a perfect photo for a Christmas card, I love the hutch and pottery, and the ladder reminds me of mine.
    I so wish I could shop this new shop opening. The front of the store is so holiday inviting.

    See you and your beauty soon.

    Xoxo
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  8. I find your colours beautiful, I would like to own that cupboard LOL!
    groetjes van Marijke
    http://bij-marijke-thuis.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete