Friday, November 28, 2014

~Eucalyptus~

I hope all of you had a nice Thanksgiving day with family and friends.  There is so much to be thankful for and we went to the beach for a few days and had a wonderful relaxing time.  I cherish these moments with my kids as I know having them all together is becoming less common .  I didn't serve a big dinner this year, but did want to share a simple centerpiece on my table.  Enjoy! xoxo K.

The last time I went to the grocery store as I was browsing through the floral department a bouquet of greenery caught my eye.  It had a couple different kinds of Eucalyptus with that perfect green color and suttle aroma, so in the cart it went. 

Placed in white pitchers set among antlers and pine cones all sitting on an old French grain sack seemed to create a perfect centerpiece for my table. 
Now I can start to figure out how I'll be decorating for Christmas this year and since I use real trees and greenery I can't put it all up too soon, but look forward to sharing with you as I go.  You can see photos of past Christmases at my house on Instagram and Facebook these next couple weeks and you can also get inspired with my "Christmas Board" on Pinterest where I get my inspiration from. 

Enjoy your weekend!

17 comments:

  1. You know I've never thought of keeping out my eucalyptus in the winter - it gets replaced in early autumn with my brown and red eucalyptus, and then with evergreen after that until spring.....you have given me inspiration to perhaps put it in my white birch vase now.....perhaps mixed with plain branches, which I have used before. Thanks @!

    Glad you had a a nice Thanksgiving with your family. A beach trip sounds heavenly to me right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these kinds of simple, pretty arrangements, using what you have around you. Very nicely done. And

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pretty photos...I haven't started decorating yet...maybe this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sehr schlicht und deshalb so schön!!! liebe grüße von angie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fresh eucalyptus! Wish my grocery store sold that. Your centerpiece is pretty with the mix of pinecones and antlers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these pictures and your style, so simple but so attractive! Thanks so much for sharing
    Caroline ~ An English girl, living in California, in love with Provence!

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmm, i can absolutely smell the eucalyptus! what a good idea; i'm heading to my local floral shop for some right now! thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! I love using Eucalyptus, it lasts forever and smells wonderful. I cut it from trees in a nearby bridle-path. It is so versatile and adds foliage to other dried arrangements. You have used it wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely as always! can't wait to see your christmas magic. tfs- MJ

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very elegant and beautiful, Kathleen. I hope these Pre-Christmas days are magical for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perrrrrrrrfection! I have only had a Eucalyptus Tree for about 7 years and now I would never want to be without a eucalyptus tree growing in my own yard,,,I count on the fresh branches or stripped leaves [in a bowl ] to freshen up all over my house. The natural smell is so much gentler and softer in the atmosphere than the 'store bought' ones that have been preserved. I never have any complaints about the scent being offensive or too strong with the natural fresh cuttings. Thank you for the inspiration, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This centerpiece is GORG-eous Kathleen! It's the perfect touch for your table! I can't wait to see your green Christmas and kind of envy your being so close to where that goodness comes from. When my parents lived in Lincoln City, OR we would go for Thanksgiving and then stop at a tree farm on the way home and cut a tree and bring it home. I loved that tradition.
    I am happy to hear you had a great Thanksgiving and a relaxing one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your centerpiece and the smell of eucalytus is invigorating. It is one of my favorite smells. Never thought of using it for the holidays. Great ideas always here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything looks amazing. Eucalyptus has a magical smell,

    ReplyDelete