Wednesday, November 5, 2014

~Berries~

I hope everyone is having a nice week so far.  Mine has been busy, but I wanted to do a quick post sharing some French lovelies along with berries from my yard.  Enjoy! xoxo K.

I've been liking green glass bottles lately and especially these French ones with their hazed coloring that fit perfectly into this galvanized bottle carrier.

I'm always trying to add greenery from nature since most of my flowers are done blooming for the year.  These berries are from a Cottoneaster.  I have two different varieties planted on our property.  One kind has small leaves and is more of a low growing ground cover while this one has larger leaves and is an upright shrub that the leaves will turn yellow and eventually fall off.  The berries are an orangish red that works well with this time of year.

Look around your surroundings or out in nature, you never know what you might be able to find to add character to your home. 

      

20 comments:

  1. Great! The perfect decoration for any room!
    http://archpassiondesign.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pinned your pretty bottles, love them with the berries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. danke für die wunderschönen bilder und inspirationen, liebe grüße von angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos are so peaceful. Your berries in the vintage bottles sing of Autumn and Winters coming. Thank you for sharing your beauty here and on instagram. I love following your Faded Charm Living gallery. xxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, great idea, Berries perk up this dull month of Nov here. I have barberry, rowans, high bush cranberries. your post inspires me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is it about berries in Fall and Winter? I love anything that bears fruit in the fall. Those are so sweet and perfect for your bottle collection. Love it- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kathleen,
    Love your berries and the green bottles. So pretty.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty natural idea. Love it!
    ~Debra xxx
    Capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kathleen, my kind of rustic here, such a beautiful introduction to Fall, peacefully received.

    Love the old bottles, and your home always feels so welcoming. Looking forward to the holidays here.

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  10. The bottles are so pretty and I adore you window valance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love old jars with flowers or vines or berries in them. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your berries in the pretty green bottles are just really special. So simple and perfect. I wish I could get the hang of that!! My garden is overloaded with holly right not so will be perfect in a few weeks..Happy Thursday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love!! Gorgeous!! The bottles and berries look so nice catching that light. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful, especially displayed in the beautiful vintage bottles and carrier.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Kathleen, what a beautiful display! I like how you add some french touch to your home ♥♥♥ Have a great week... Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! I love the simplicity of them in the pale green bottles!
    Jennelise

    ReplyDelete
  17. Belli, I am a swedish Wiman and blogger(but i have a french blog!) and recently I tried to leve a comment on your Instagram. It turnédatum out just crazy, but I meant to say that I love tout style! Think I Will stick to your blog thought,......not quitte my thing het, Instagram.....

    ReplyDelete