Thursday, October 23, 2014

~Bringing Fall into the Kitchen~

These past few days have been so dark, dreary and wet....typical for this time of year and I find myself wanting to change things around the house since I'm inside more.
After taking these photos I decided I want to change and simplify my kitchen.  I still love my picnic style table and benches which can double as an island or extra seating if needed.  Enjoy! xoxo K.
I've never known what to put in the empty space above my cupboards and have had wood boxes, baskets and green French bottles and demijohns for a while now, but when looking for inspiration on Pinterest one evening very few photos I had pinned had anything at all up there, so since these photos I have taken all of it down for a more clean, simple look.
I've also changed a few things on the counter top to be less cluttered and user friendly and have been thinking about adding subway tiles(better start now trying to convince my husband on that one!).
As in my other rooms I find it's so easy this time of year to add touches of Fall anywhere just by adding items such as pumpkins, mums and leaves and is nice to be able to enjoy them inside when the weather permits you from enjoying them outside.
Always love these warty type pumpkins and also really like the new marble lazy susan that I recently got at World Market.  It will eventually end up on my round table where it can hold essentials like salt and pepper, napkins etc.... I found some other fun kitchen items there that I'll be sharing in the future♥

Have a great day!

16 comments:

  1. Love the table and benches they fit perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Une jolie période où les légumes du jardin deviennent des éléments de décor !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love that little table in the middle of the kitchen, you don;t see that too much in the States. reminds me of home!!!! xoxoxo Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those "warty" pumpkins and that marble lazy Susan. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sehr schön und schlicht haben sie ihre tolle küche dekoriert!!! einen schönen abend wünscht angie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathleen,
    I love your kitchen table/island. It is a sweet piece. Love the simple vignette you did on top. Very pretty. Happy Fall.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty...I love everything about your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your kitchen is so cozy. it feels like you could sit right down and enjoy a cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel the same way this time of year and the kitchen seems to be the one room that I am stuck in when it comes to adding Fall decor. I like your idea of keeping it simple, it always seems to be the best answer! Love your kitchen by the way, it's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometimes it gives our minds, souls and eyes a rest to simplify. It helps us relax and unwind and just feel more at peace. I like your kitchen and your style - I know changes aren't easy but they're usually so worth it. I sure hope you can get your subway tile - tiling the back walls really helps keep a kitchen cleaner and less germ-y!

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your kitchen is just so beautiful Kathleen! I know exactly what you mean about wanting to change things around, this time of year I always get the itch for change. And I struggle with the space above my cabinets too, I have put stuff up there and then taken it down more times than I can count. Can't wait to see what you do! ~ Megan

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all the greens and cream colors here. And I'm loving the simpler farmhouse style too. It will be interesting to see your space without the displays on top. But with your fab kitchen you can't go wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful fall addition! Love the green and cream!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you had your cabinet tops done, Kathleen. Everything looked like it worked together. I have a hodge podge on mine and would like to re-accesorize them. Unfortunately, I feel I need stuff up there because we have vaulted ceilings and it is all so high up. I feel like the area needs to be filled at least a little bit. I should take it all down, clean and see how I feel.

    Love your idea of subway tiles for a backsplash. I was thinking along those lines as well. Right now there is no backsplash in our kitchen and, living in a condo now, I'd like to keep things light in our kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have a beautiful and cozy kitchen! Really lovely and nice colors...
    Have a great weekend!
    Titti

    ReplyDelete