Monday, September 8, 2014

~Limelight Hydrangeas~

Good morning!  Summer is hanging on here with a beautiful sunny morning and temps in the 80's this week.  This time of year I hang onto these warm days because I know the colder weather and rain isn't far off.

I have three limelight hydrangea bushes and they were all loaded with blooms this year, but the heat was kind of hard on them.  I had to cut them all back, so decided to enjoy some of the  blooms inside for a while.  Enjoy!  xoxo K.

One area I put them is in some crockware jugs on my primitive cupboard in the breakfast area.

My French breadboards are a nice backdrop for them.

Enjoy your week...♥

Linking with:
The Scoop
Wow Us Wednesday
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Feathered Nest Friday
Shabbilicious Friday
Funky Junk
Sundays at Home 


  1. Oh my goodness! I just love every inch of that corner. The flowers are beautiful but my heart goes pitter pat at the ironstone and the shabby chippy. Love, just love!

  2. J'ADORE
    c'est superbe, tout à fait ce que j'aime
    Bonne semaine
    Maryse(poussière d'Argence)

  3. very pretty. . . I love them in the setting you display them in. You always have the best *eye candy* . My Anna Belle Hydrangeas are long gone. . . they're calling for snow Tues and wed here in Montana. . . :(

  4. Helloooo Kathleen!*!*! Always LoVe your Cozy FarmStyle Home!!! BeSt~Of~All, your Natural Raw-Wood Table Top against that AwEsoMe "ChiPPy- W*H*I*T*E Edge... A*N*D, not to forget to mention that AwEsoMe Table Candelabra Centerpiece as well!*!*!
    Jeanine Burkhardt

  5. I love the flowers in the beautiful pottery jugs. Deb

  6. Oh my the beauty in this post leaves me in awe. Gorgeous limelight hydrangeas mixed into your perfect mix of textural, rustic peaceful shades of loveliness.

  7. Gorgeous and love your vignette. I think I am going to plant some limelights.

  8. I have to try that variety...they are beautiful...and I love how you display them!

  9. Gorgeous. It has been so pretty by me in the Chicagoland area too. Low 70's soft breezes and covers to sleep. I am holding onto these wonderful last few days of summer too. We all know what will follow fall. Ughhh! Your hydrangeas are so pretty with the boards as the backdrop.

  10. So lovely!!! My Limelights are crazy huge this season, and I've been cutting them to bring inside and sprinkle in vases on my porches. I'll definitely have to cut them way back next month so that they aren't so ginormous along my porch next year. lol I love the way you displayed yours against those great bread boards. :)

    xoxo laurie

  11. Awww.. I can see sitting at that table and having a cup of coffee and a chat with you. It is just warm and homey feeling there. Love the hydrangea. I need to harvest my own soon- xo Diana

  12. Happy Autumn, I really like the limelight hydrangeas, I rarely see them in SoCal. Hydrangeas are one of my favorites too!
    Enjoy the changing of seasons!
    Casual Loves Elegance

  13. They are Beautiful! Hydrangeas are some of my fav blooms, wish I could grow them here, but our heat is too hard on them to flourish properly and the potted ones don't last long.

    Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

  14. So pretty, I love how everything looks great together and those blooms are beautiful. Thanks for sharing some decor and flower inspiration. :-)

  15. I love those stoneware jugs, and that bowl of antlers!!

  16. Hi Kathleen,
    Your Hydrangeas are a perfect tone of Lime for that cozy Kitchen corner. When adding flowers in our home my daughter always says do shades of whites and greens. I can see here you have done just that.
    Love the step back hutch, and all the display if iron stone, the dough bowl of antlers feels very rustic Nordic a perfect look for your home.

    Love your rustic cottage.


  17. Oh my Oh My ....tag it with the word "hydrangea" and I absolutely love it. I have some kind of hydrangea in my home year round...fresh, dry or drying, even [ good quality] silk. I have no shame..If in need I will even stop at a stranger's house and ask to cut some of their hydrangea. Really!

  18. Everything looks lovely.

    I so envy you the hydrangeas. Ours just did not bloom this year - the drought is bad for my garden.

  19. Fantastic Hydrangeas! Living in California and going through this ridiculous drought, my poor Hydrangeas have really suffered. I love the cabinet with the chicken wire, I adore the French breadboards and the little ironstone pitchers are perfect!

  20. They are so pretty, Kathleen. I don't have Limelights but I am thinking I am going to cut the blooms of the one hydrangea that bloomed this year (I have three). They are pink and just getting to that lovely faded looking stage.

  21. Those Hydrangeas have to be one of the most beautiful vintage style flowers! Simply stunning, thanks for sharing! :-)

  22. Beautiful, beautiful photos of them on your hutch Kathleen! Don't you just love them?!
    What a great shrub and flower they are in the garden. I hope things are going great for you over there and that you are having a good week.
    hugs from here...

  23. So pretty! They go perfect with your lovely décor! I didn't get any blooms on my hydrangeas this year...maybe next year!

  24. Hi Kathleen, love your hydrangeas and french breadboards... All is so lovely ♥ Alexandra

  25. Very beautiful!! such a calm look to all of your decorating.....xoxo

  26. oh my...stunning photos of such a pretty bush! ...and your fabulous collections! I am a huge fan of Ironstone!

  27. I don't believe I've ever seen that coloured hydrangea here in Australia. Most of ours are blue/mauve, pink or white. These are gorgeous Kathleen and I love your chippy cabinet too. Thank you for sharing at Shabbilicious Friday. I just had to feature your hydrangea's this week.
    Hugs ~ Kerryanne