Sunday, May 11, 2014

~The Sweet Scent of Lilacs~

I have a lilac bush right outside my dining room window and those beautiful purple blooms catch my eye every time I walk by, not to mention the wonderful aroma they produce every time the wind blows.
I hope all you Mother's out there had a nice day.  I wanted to share with you a couple of my favorite Spring blooms......snowballs and lilacs.  A perfect combination, don't you think?  Enjoy! xoxo K.
I recently acquired two of these lovely trophies from Joy at Savvy City Farmer to add to the collection on my mantel......love them! 
I've had a very busy two weeks and had a great time at the Farm and Frills Show up in Enumclaw, WA this weekend.  Thanks Amy and Kris for having me at your Show.  I'll try and go through and edit some photos of my booth to share with you later this week. 

Linking with:
Coastal charm
The Scoop
Wow Us Wednesday

13 comments:

  1. Kathleen,
    These are two of my favorites too. So pretty and fragrant together. Hope your mom's day was great.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet ViGneTTe.. GoRgeOuS Lilacs!*!*! . I'm feeling hopeful we'll have some by June???
    Ah-WiSCoNSiN... Looking forward to your Show Pics as Well ~ Y*O*U Inspire Me!!!
    Jeanine Burkhardt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wie sehr ich deine Bilder liebe, immer wieder!!! Liebste und herzliche Grüße, schickt dir Elke

    ReplyDelete
  4. The large lilac bush in my front yard is the thing in my garden I look forward to most!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like your other readers and you, these are among my favourites! I always enjoy seeing them.
    Linda at Beautiful Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful photos as always. . . I gathered white lilacs, snowball bush blooms and apple blossoms to enjoy inside as well. . . all the rain wind and cold temps keeps me inside way more than I want to be. . . the snowballs remind me of tiny hydrangeas. . . d

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh so pretty...they look fabulous in the trophies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love how you added the flowers to the mantle visiting from coastal charm have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lilacs are simple blissful fragrance that blooms for a short amount of treasured time. But their scent lingers in your memories forever. My Aunt and Godmother Blanche had professional greenhouses selling her well loved and nurtured flowers and plants. She loved Lilacs so much she named her beloved cat a B&W female Lilac. Aunt Blanche died two decades ago but I smell Lilacs this time of year and remarkable loving memories flood my mind and warm my heart. Thank you for this post.
    Vera

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your lilacs are so pretty and I bet they smell amazing.It's still too chilly here only in the 50's here today.Hoping mine will bloom soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the combination of lilacs and snowballs, beautiful, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love lilacs. We have a small bush I planted last year and I am enjoying them. Your trophies are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete