Monday, May 26, 2014

~French Botanicals~

I added a little charm to this corner in my office by placing some French botanical prints that I acquired at a sale a few months ago inside each pane of an old weathered window.

Simple little touches like this along with vintage pieces such as a typewriter, trophy and lamp can add so much to any desk or table in your home.  Enjoy!  xoxo K.

I have more of these prints and am trying to find other ways to use them. 

My newest chair is from World Market and I fell in love with the tufting and linen fabric.  I wasn't really sure where I was going to even put it until I got it home.  I think it found it's place in this cozy corner.
Wishing everyone a safe and Happy Memorial's Day.  Thanks to all the veterans who have risked their lives for our freedom.....♥

Linking with:
Wow Us Wednesday
Treasure hunt Thursday
Feathered Nest Friday
Shabbilicious Friday
Funky Junk
Sundays at Home
Coastal Charm
The Scoop


  1. the perfect creative corner - its so lovely and inviting...

  2. As always, I LOVE it all! Hope you are doing well my friend!

    Take care,

  3. I just love the way you put this area together. Pure perfection!

  4. Love your relaxed styling and playful display of the botanicals in the old frame. Sweeps me away in a peaceful way! Oh and that chair???? Gorgeous :-)

  5. La Underwood de mes 16 ans lorsque j'étais en section secrétariat.
    Et oui on avait des Remington et des Underwood sur lesquelles on tapait de toute nos forces et où il était impossible d'avoir de beaux ongles.
    Merci de me remémorer tous ces souvenirs de ma jeunesse
    Bonne semaine
    Maryse (de Poussière d'Argence - google)

  6. Wonderful vignettes, and your tufted world market chair wowed me the moment I saw it, and then when you said world market I was even more wowed know where I could find one, or at best make to small trip to our closest world market to see what kind of chairs would inspire me :)
    I see your typewriter and so wished I'd had never given mine away!
    It's always so inspiring to visit you Kathleen!

    A beautiful Memorial Day to you and yours.


  7. I love the typewriter and the table lamp.

  8. I adore the little nook. The clock in front of the window is darling and the typewriter is perfect for the spot. Enjoyed this post. The photos are great!

  9. This whole area is very pretty, Kathleen! Love the botanicals in the window panes. Such a great idea to use them that way. I've been trying to figure out how I might use some botanicals clipped to clipboards, or actually where I can use them. I know I want to hang them but I've run out of wall space. : )

  10. What a pretty display, love it!

    Gigi @ Old World Patina

  11. Just lovely. I am so fond of botanicals. I have also loved that World Market chair and it looks perfect in your sweet corner which for some reason reminds me a bit of Out Of Africa.

  12. So adorable! I am in LOVE with botanicals!

  13. Love the botanicals...Love the whole area!!

  14. What a beautiful corner Kathleen! You have such a wonderful style my friend and do the prettiest vignettes. Adore the chair!

  15. Oh what a lovely post and so many lovely thing´s you have...the lamp, the clock - just love it!
    Have a great week and take care,

  16. Beautiful! I love botanical prints framed this way, black and white or in color!

  17. Hi Kathy, love, love, love your office. I have that same type writer. My husbands grandfathers. He practiced law on it. Love your prints and the way you displayed them. It's so good to visit you.

    Cindy@stitches n stuff

  18. So gorgeous Kathleen! I adore how the clock just needed to be there as well. Perfection! As usual. :) Had to feature you on I Love That Junk once again... :D

  19. That is a great collection of items. Love the typewriter and the trophy and they are arranged beautifully.

  20. Love everything about this! The prints look great in the window and I really like the way you hung the clock on the front.

  21. Kathleen,
    This little area looks outstanding (as always). I was so happy a few weeks when I found a lamp like yours. Thanks so much for sharing at my Show and Share party.


  22. Love this little corner and desk area. Each detail is put together so perfectly!

    Seeking Lavender Lane

  23. Adorei, lindo cantinho e decoração!!

  24. How do you attach the photo to the back of the glass/pane?

    1. I just put a couple glue dots(I get them at Craft Warehouse) on the back of the paper and stick it to the wall