Tuesday, January 14, 2014

~Natural Winter Decor~

I'm not sure about you, but I like to have a fresh clean look in my home after all the Holiday decor is put away.  The one thing I do keep out is pinecones.  You can find them throughout my home during the Winter months and I like them best paired with brown transferware.  Enjoy!  xoxo K.
My dining room remains simple with just whites and wood tones for the Winter months.

 Pinecones added to this shelf among brown transferware and ironstone.

This large one is called a sugar pine and they look best when hanging.

White roses are another flower that I like to decorate with this time of year.
All my aquarium needs is pinecones and a couple antlers nesteled among some branches. 

Linking to:
Wow UsWednesday
Blissful Whites Wednesday
Inspiration Exchange
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Be Inspired Friday
Feathered Nest Friday
Shabbilicious Friday
Fabulously Creative Friday
Party Junk


  1. I love them. I have no clue where to even find them anymore. I swear my mom had loads of them. Your house looks great!

  2. Hi Kathleen,
    So serene, so lovely... Love that Sugar Pinecone! and those small transferware vases filled with white roses... The shot of the roses is gorgeous:-)

    1. They have them in Wal-Mart.

  3. looks just lovely as always. i really love the photos of your home. always white natural and inspiring!

  4. I like your neutral decor and the use of natural pinecones along with the stoneware and candles. It's a very soothing palette. Blessings, Pamela

  5. Gorgeous! Pine cones, twigs and lots of white are perfect for this time of year!
    Have a great week!

    Angela @ Number Fifty-Three

    Love your hutch display...so pretty!!

  7. Kathleen ~ It's all so elegant and chic. You have an amazing eye for detail and style, my friend! I love it all!!

    xoxo laurie

  8. :)I too have pinecones and brown transferware out. Along side my white ironstone.
    Luv your décor.. calm and beautiful.

  9. Pinecones+brown transferware=BEAUTIFUL!!!


  10. Love winter over here Kathleen,
    Love that pinecone hanging, I so want to do one in my home :)
    Your design style warms our rustic hearts.
    I have been creating french wire pieces in my new post see you soon.


  11. einfach nur wunderschoen !!!!!
    Liebe Gruesse aus Deutschland

  12. I enjoy your layered look so much! Those frames with the platter inside the door is such an exciting touch. You have some of the prettiest brown transferware I have ever seen, The pinecones are perfect. Please don't mind if I do that too! Just all so pretty!

  13. I like it because it is very soothing and calm. It has a clean feel to it. I think colors and our choices must reflect our personalities in some way. I need cheerful bold colors at this time of the year, but in the summer I often like the lighter more subdued tones. I wonder what this says about us? I have not studied this , but it would be interesting.

  14. Love how the neutrals go throughout your house!

  15. Hi Kathleen,
    just love your home. It is so inviting, cozy and simply beautiful.

  16. Love the color scheme. That hutch is truly stunning!


  17. Everything look so serene Kathleen. Thanx so much for sharing your beautiful vignettes at THT!

  18. Surrounding yourself with such beauty is the best way to warm up for winter, I love it!

  19. I'm adoring your serene, warm winter look, Kathleen. Love that dining room of yours! Great feature over at Timewashed today, too. :)

  20. your winter decor
    looks so lovely and inviting

    and it think that aquarium vignette
    is a great idea

    would love for you to share
    at Fridays Unfolded this week!

    Nancherrow (formerly Stuff and Nonsense)

  21. All is so warm and calming here, darling Kathleen!
    I love your winter and pass to visit you! =)

  22. You have a beautiful home and decorate so wonderfuly!

  23. I'm leaving you a message here, hoping you get it, because this new-fangled way of emailing from someone's blog (that they've changed in the past few weeks) is immensely confusing to me. They don't just put your email address anymore. I just wanted you to know that I featured your home on my Color My Decor blog just now. Here is the link: http://colormydecor.blogspot.com/2014/01/faded-charms-nostalgic-home.html

  24. Love, love the vignette on the table.
    Thanks for sharing.

  25. What a beautiful, beautiful home you have...truly inspiring!

  26. So pretty! I love the look of pinecones with brown transferware all winter...

  27. Oh, so beautifully winter! Love your blog!!!

  28. Derrocha sensibilidad, me ha encantado. Ha estado un regalo el visitar tu bloc, te invito visitar el mio y si te gusta espero que te hagas seguidora.

  29. Yes, yes, I know there are no comments on your trophy post and I will go over to visit the other blog....but I felt like commenting here anyways....[must be a rebellious streak hiding in me]. I am like you as far as the flowers go. I love fresh flowers and right now I am addicted to variegated orange roses; I love the variegated roses but the oranges ones speak to me right now (I also love pink ones that are of this type but they are hard to find right now]. The other thing I love is miniature carnations in tea cups or tea pots. I have found flowers such as these last a long time and even look nice when they dry up! I love your urns at the bottom too (on the floor). What I like about trophies is they remind me of my childhood days when my uncle had horse shows! It was always so exciting and fun to see who received the trophies.

  30. Kathleen your home is absolutely gorgeous! You have a beautiful way of putting vignettes together.Each piece you add brings more charm to your lovely home.So thrilled to see you featured on Kris's blog! You have a beautiful family and it was so nice to see your face :-)

  31. I love it. You always display things to beautifully and so simply. Love that. Hugs, marty

  32. I love the warmth of the wood tones with the whites for winter. You have an amazing way of putting things together my friend. So pleased to be featuring Faded Charm at Shabbilcious Friday this week.
    Hugs ~ Kerryanne

  33. Kathleen, everything you do is so wonderful, even pinecones! You need to write and photograph a book, It would be a best seller!