Friday, December 27, 2013

~Paper Whites~

Paper Whites have been part of my Holiday decor for quite a few years now. This year they didn't bloom before Christmas, but are just now starting to open up.

The bulbs I planted in this ironstone tureen were placed along the stairway wall in the living room.  Sitting by some french books tied with an enamel number given to me by a friend and some candles giving this area a fresh look. Enjoy!  xoxo K.

I'm wanting my decor to have a fresh, light and airy look for the new year and am hoping to declutter and get everything organized around my home.

Linking with:
Funky Junk Interiors
Coastal Charm
The Scoop
French Country Cottage
Shabby Art Boutique
Jennifer Rizzo


  1. I have yet to try paper whites. I will have to try next year. They look so pretty on other blogs. I like how you have them arranged with the books and textured furniture.

  2. I am crazy over paperwhites, and have actually just planted my third round. I'm not sure if you've seen my post about the photoshoot in my home for a book next year, so I was trying to time the blooms just right! The second round did good, and I also added alcohol to the water so they didn't get quite as high (not sure I'm convinced it really helps much though). Your home is so beautiful this year, and I have really enjoyed your pictures.

    Wishing you and yours a blessed New Year.

  3. Hi Kathlene, I just love the paper whites. I have a few zinc pots with bulbs placed around my house and on my kitchen window sill. Even tho I love the rustic look of the bulbs I would be lying if I said it didn't bother me they weren't showing any signs of green. . . until Christmas night. I was over the top excited. . . now I have a little splash of color to look forward to when we get deeper into winter. I can't wait. I just love the statement they make.

    Hope you had a wonderful Christmas. . . I sure enjoyed looking at your pictures.

    :) d

  4. Beautiful, love the lamp with the bare shade, too! xoxo

  5. So pretty, Kathleen. Happy New Year.

  6. I always so, so, so love all the pictures of your house!

    Take care my friend,

  7. The Paper Whites are beautiful...
    I also love the warm wood of your stairs against the creamy white walls. These photos are so soothing to the eyes.
    Happy New Year!

  8. EVERY year I say, "I'm going to 'do' paper whites NEXT year!" Every year, I forget. Yours are beautiful. And simple. Happy New Uncluttered Year.

  9. What a difference a beautiful pop of green can make during this time of year! So very fresh & pretty! I am definitely going to look for something like this to brighten our cottage after the Christmas decorations come down.
    Happy day to you and yours, Kathleen!

  10. Gorgeous blog! Following on Pinterest now too!

  11. Love the entrance way!!! Everything fits in so beautifully!!! The plant look gorgeous!!!!


  12. what a delightful spot in your home...and the Paper White are beautiful. It wouldnt seem the Holidays without a pot of these heavenly flowers!