Friday, December 6, 2013

~Getting Started~

Who says the bathroom can't get a few festive touches?  Why this was the first room for me to start decorating this year, I'm not sure.  I guess it's because when I finished making all the ornaments out of old book pages and  music sheet paper  I wanted to see how they looked hanging and since I didn't have a tree yet I grabbed this branch and set it inside the white pitcher in my bathroom.

You are going to see a few  pops of red this year in my Christmas decor such as french grainsacks, books and berries all mixed together with fresh greens.  I'm liking the look so far.  What do you think?  Enjoy!  xoxo K.

I found some mercury glass clip on birds at my local garden center last month and bought all they had left.  I've also been wanting to make a bird ornament using old french music paper and German glass glitter.  I guess it is fitting to have birds hanging from a branch along with some other paper ornaments, small mirrors and sparkling crystals.

My parents have a lovely birch tree in their front yard and they let me take some of the bark.  I used some of it to cover a few candles and also made some tags I will be using on my Christmas presents this year.

Well, I better get back to decorating and hope to be working on it all weekend.  It's a good time for it since it hasn't been above freezing here for a few days and we are having some snow flurries.  Stay warm!

Linking with:
Funky Junk Interiors
Coastal Charm
The Scoop
Savvy Southern Style
From my Front Porch to Yours
Common Ground
French Country Cottage
Shabby Art Boutique


31 comments:

  1. Beautiful and I am loving the boxwood wreath. Beautiful!

    Marie Angelique

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your decorations using old sheet music, I could say snap !! as that's what I've been doing today. I'm making them to take as a gift for my daughters Christmas tree, where we will be staying for the festive season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, it is absolutely beautiful, you did a great job:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. woow.. I just LOVE your style :)
    Lovley photos...
    and do not miss...

    SATURDAY SHOW OFF

    it is FUN :)
    Welcome
    Håkan ( The Roseman)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it all. I just need to make me some of those bird orn. They are so cute!

    Christmas Blessings to you and your family.

    barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, I think your bathroom is prettier than any of the rooms in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are so cute and I say why not decorate the bathroom. I have decorated the powder room for guests to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Turn on the tap- I'm coming over for a soak lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty. I've been making some of the same ornaments for our tree at the lake house. Hope to go there week after next, so I'll be showing it if we do. Everything looks beautiful in your bath!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your bathroom looks great--I always think it is a good place to decorate since everyone goes in there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. the most beautiful bathroom ever!!! I'm in love with your little bit of red!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kathleen, Your bathroom is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the birch covered candle (so special)!!
    Wishing you a Beautiful Holiday Season!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your home is so lovely, Kathleen! The fresh greens with splashes of red against your whites is so elegant.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  14. Undoubtedly the most beautiful Christmas bathroom I've ever seen Kathleen. It's gorgeous!!
    Off to share and pin :)
    Hugs,
    Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Bathroom is Divine... I'd be soaking in that tub for Hours luxuriating in the Ambiance you have Created! Well done!

    Merry Christmas from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  16. Every single thing, every picture....gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think I would just hang out in your bathroom. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So very pretty. I can't see the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, that has to be the best bathroom ever...I can see myself moving in!...Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely! And those musical birds...so sweet.
    Congratulations!
    Besos from Argentina,
    Silvina

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh my!....my my my my my!...I can feel the spirit of the season here, and the desire to relax in a bubble bath is overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete
  22. what a pretty country bathroom decorated for the Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  23. great idea those delightful musical birds!! I have always wanted a tub that I could have a tray set upon the sides as you have!! I like to read in the tub--but my tubs never have a big enough side on the wall side; they are more flush to the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super pretty. I decorate my bathrooms, but neither my bathrooms nor my décor are as spectacular as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  25. It is just fabulous. What a wonderful bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just look at how pretty your bathroom is...maybe I should at least go hang a holiday guest towel in one of mine:) Thanks so much for sharing at my party.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  27. WOW! This bathroom is stunning! LOVE LOVE LOVE your style!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you for this home tour. You have beautiful house. It's feel like I'm visiting your house right now.

    Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for a Happy New Year!
    Bring you Good wishes of happiness.

    Sorry for greeting you earlier,, just don't want miss saying this.
    By the way, I'm Clotee. It's my first time visiting your blog. I am blogger too, and now try my best luck to open an e-shop. Nice to know you.

    Regards,
    Clotee

    ReplyDelete
  29. Absolute perfection Kathleen,I love it all!
    Merry Christmas to you and your family!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete