Monday, December 23, 2013

~Christmas on the Garden House Porch~

I'm sure everyone is busy getting ready for Christmas.  Today I'm baking and finishing up my wrapping.  My husband and I went to the beach this past weekend for my birthday and had a wonderful trip, but now I feel the pressure to get it all done.  

This year I added some festive items to the porch on the Garden House.  The weather hasn't been very nice with lots of fog lately, but one afternoon last week the sun was trying to peak out so I hurried to get some photos to share with you.  Enjoy!  xoxo K.

I found this vintage bicycle last Summer and knew since it was red, it would be perfect at Christmas time with greens and pinecones in the basket.

I had a helper the day I was taking these photos.  Meet Ella, our new kitty.  She just showed up at our house the week before Halloween and we have no idea where she came from.  She had been sneaking into our shop eating the other cats' food and it took a little coaxing for her to trust us, but once she did she is so friendly and loves attention.  We think she is around 5 months old now and so glad she came to live with us:-)

We added a tree in an old rusty milk can and both the sled and skates I've had for several years now.

A garland around the window and greens in the planter box along with a boxwood and paper white bulbs is all it took to add a festive touch to this area.

Linking up with:
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
The Scoop
Be Inspired Friday
Feathered Nest Friday
Shabbilicious Friday
Party Junk


  1. May the spirit of Christmas bring us
    love, hope and peace! you !!!..thanks for your friendship !!! !!

  2. Kathleen,
    Just beautiful. Love the bike. My favorite. Merry Christmas to you and your lovely family.

  3. Love the Christmas decor on your porch, so natural, no glitz, just the pine branches.
    have a lovely festive holiday season.

  4. love the rustic beauty, such a perfect setting for Christmas! Have a wonderful Christmas, dear Kathleen!

  5. Hello, found you magical blog and loved it, I am a new follower now.........Love the porch decorated, so beautiful, rustic and cozy.....Merry Christmas, Francine.

  6. I love the vintage bike. It looks so pretty with the greenery.

  7. I love your garden house all decked out for Christmas! Your new kitty looks adorable as well. Did you make your window box?
    Merry Christmas!

  8. Beautiful pics!
    Wish u and your family a MERRY CHRISTMAS!


  9. Me encantan las fotografías, trasmiten, son geniales. Ha estado un regalo el visitar tu bloc, te invito visitar el mio y si te gusta espero que te hagas seguidora.

  10. Love it! Your Garden House is wonderful, and you've decorated it perfectly. Merry Christmas!

  11. I love your pictures! Everything is so beautiful including Miss Ella. They always say cat's pick us, we don't pick them. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family and I'll catch up with you soon!!

    Take care, Sue

  12. This is all so pretty and peaceful looking. I hope my shed gets built this year. I love the shape of that tree in the milk can. What kind is that? Maybe I can find one next year.

  13. Kathleen, what a Christmas card setting!
    Love your garden house and have loved it from day one, love how its nested in pines like a wooded cabin or hunting cabin. The porch is simple in its Nordic greens, how wonderful your Christmas must feel up close and oh so personal.

    Thank you for your beautiful share.

    À Joyeux Noël
    To you and yours.

    Blessed you are to be enjoins a holiday as if you were on a holiday vacation :)



  14. This is just gorgeous! And Ella is so sweet! Merry Christmas :)

  15. It makes me just want to sit out there and drink a Hot Apple Cider! And Ella is Precious. We too had a new stray Kitty show up recently, just in time for Christmas she has apparently Adopted us... and the Bohemian Cat Boys, who usually aren't very hospitable, seem to Adore her... so I guess she's staying! *LOL* Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

  16. Your garden house is wonderful all decked out for the holidays! I love the greens mixed with rustic vintage. And everything there is still so amazingly green! Happy birthday, Kathleen! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

  17. Merry Christmas! Don't know which I like better…that you have a Garden House or how it decorated!

  18. Your garden house is just beautiful. So many things to love...the wooded setting, the rustic board siding, the tin-topped porch, all the fresh simple greenery, and the arch-topped fencing. I am looking for similar fencing for my yard.

    Merry Christmas and Joyeux Noël,


  19. How beautiful! I love all the greenery! So beautiful and Christmassy!

  20. i wonder what it would be like to NOT be buried under mountains of snow??!! i'm completely smitten with this setting and all the little details - gorgeous!!


  21. So perfectly simple, rustic and beautiful Kathleen. What a sweet addition the red bike is too.
    Wishing you a Happy New Year my friend xx

  22. I love your cabin and the porch is done up so nice. The metal roof is so romantic to me, is it crazy when it rains. Found you from FCC

  23. i MISSED THIS POST last December. This scene is PERFECTION in it's simplicity!

  24. Love love love the bike and the pinecons