Friday, December 13, 2013

~Christmas Mantel~

Happy Friday everyone!  I hope you are all finding time to enjoy this Holiday season.  I've been busy getting our home ready and buying gifts, but haven't started my baking yet.  I thought I'd show you the mantel in the living room looking all festive and will be sharing it over at Pamela's for her 3rd Annual Christmas Mantel Party tomorrow.  Enjoy!  xoxo K.

I moved my vintage silver trophy collection here surrounded by greens for the Holidays.  They had been on a cupboard down in the basement and  I decided I wanted to be able to enjoy them more.  White poinsettas sit in my urns on either side of the fireplace.

I used some stockings I made a couple years ago and added some birch bark tags with our initials to each one keeping it pretty simple. 

I'll also be linking to Donna's Junk Party today and am still hoping to be able to share my whole house tour on Monday, so stop back by then.  Enjoy your weekend!

20 comments:

  1. So simple, yet So Elegant!!!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathleen, your fireplace and mantel look so pretty. I like the simple look of the fresh greens, berries and poinsettias. Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Kathleen!
    i love the mantel, and all the beauties surrounding it! I am in the process of deciding what elements to use in building a mantel...I need a trip to the Hardware store, take the things I already have and just play with wood! Your urns are giving me some ideas about other things to use in our bedroom.
    Your bedroom is so calm and relaxing, the look I definitely want!
    Hugs! oh, and LOVE that pop of Cranberry red in your mantel! Perfect!
    hugs
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. The perfect vintage look on your mantel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. understated and elegant! love that mirror, and oh, those urns...!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mantel is absolutely gorgeous - it is just perfect, I LOVE it! All your simple touches work so wonderfully together, it is understated yet speaks volumes. Well done!!

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my your living room is stunning…the trophies are such a great fit! …my favourite are the urns with Poinsettias and the bread board on the trunk…swooning over here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely mantel and beautiful room - can't wait to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty, Kathleen! Love how you've done your mantel up. That mirror is just gorgeous. The urns looks great with their white poinsettias and I love your stockings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your fireplace mantel and hearth are both stunning. Your whole living room is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely. The frame on that mirror is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always LOVE seeing pictures of your home! And the fireplace mantel looks awesome! Enjoy the season. I love this time of year!

    Take care my friend,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your mantle especially the red berries and white poinsettias.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always love your stylish simplicity. So pretty :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! The calm and simple look is perfect for the holidays.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kathleen I love your simplistic and beautiful mantle!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty & welcoming ~ I love the stockings. I might start baking today... one of my favorite things to do at Christmastime.
    Have a lovely one,
    Lin

    ReplyDelete