Monday, November 25, 2013

~Making a Statement~

How many of you have a favorite chair?  Maybe it's because it is comfortable or it could be the look you like.  Lately I've been drawn to chairs that have a curvy look to them.

My favorites right now are a pair of antique chairs that I've had for a few years.  They move around this room quite frequently, but look right at home at the end of my bed for now.  If you are looking for a new favorite chair, One King's Lane has a wonderful selection of many different kinds of chairs to choose from, new and old, in their Home Decor section.  I like these kinds of sites where I can browse and daydream.  Enjoy!  xoxo K.

When I bought these chairs they had been deconstructed having only the original thin fabric and nail heads showing.  As much as I like this look, I also like the look of a soft flowing linen slipcover on them.  I purchased these slipcovers from Shellagh at her Linen Shoppe: Ticking and Toile where she has different fabrics to chose from and can make custom ones to fit your specific chair.   

I know many don't like the deconstructed look, but if you are looking for a chair to make a statement somewhere in your home, don't let that sway your decision in purchasing a chair that has the perfect curvy lines or detail.  I'm really happy with mine and they can be dressed up or down depending on the look I want to achieve.

Wishing everyone a safe and Happy Thanksgiving.  I'm hoping you stop back by as I share my Holiday inspiration throughout December.

Linking with:
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
The Scoop
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Be Inspired Friday
Feathered Nest Friday
Shabbilicious Friday
Party Junk

  

22 comments:

  1. Love your chair and slip cover, but also love that pitcher of berry branches. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love most things that are "deconstructed"! I love your room, everything about it! I just switched my bed to an old white iron one. I love the old stuff, just can't live without it. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving my friend. . .

    Take care,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your chairs, they are exactly what I love as well, the curvy bottom fits my curvy bottom so well, lol, I like a big seated chair, the legs are so delicate, my favorite chair, I have two that sit our table, well used well loved,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your curvy chair couple.... they look just lovely at the foot of your bed.... Love the slip covers too. Happy Thanksgiving and Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bedroom is soooo lovely, Kathleen! Love your curvy chairs with the skirts on them. Simple, sweet elegance! And that white iron bed is just fabulous!!! Have a blessed Thanksgiving, sweetie!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prairie style has nothing on you girl, its all so wonderfully cozy here with you.

    love all you do and create.

    xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the chairs and the pretty slips you made for them...LOVE that whole area!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathleen beautiful chairs and post! Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a curvy Italian chair...and I haven't shown it because well, it LOOKS deconstructed. I started to recover it...and just never finished with any gimp. So... I've never displayed it openly. You've changed my mind!
    this room looks so lovely. I was thinking how the wood on these chairs add just the right hint of gold and red to your neutral room. Sooo pretty.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. This room is just gorgeous!
    Xo
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh I have a curvey chair ...now I am inspired to make a sweet skirt for it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, what a beautiful room! And your photos of it make me feel as if I am there. I like the chairs and "get" how sometimes things just appeal and others no longer do, eg. curves.on a chair back My home is always changing...with the seasons, with my moods, with new interests...it's all good.
    Happy Thanksgiving,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like that slipcover. It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is all so gorgeous. These are wonderful chairs! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Always an inspiration waiting for me here..your chairs are lovely..and so is the whole room! I hope this finds you well my sweet friend,x0

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your bedroom looks lovely. I always think that chairs are the one piece of furniture which needs to have the best lines because they are not as easy to disguise as other pieces; like tables or cabinets one can trow cloths over. Also loving the dress mannequin with the angel's wings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. *´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Happy Thanksgiving! ¤

    ReplyDelete
  18. I Love the Deconstructed look and fact that you can dress it all up and do temporary makeovers as it suits you. Your Boudoir is Divine! And of coarse your Dress Form Angel has me Swooning!

    Happy Thanksgiving from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the deconstructed look too. That chair is beautiful--I have one almost identical that is needlepointed. Your bedroom is so romantic! ~Delores

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous chairs! I too love the shape! Your room is absolutely dreamy!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your bedroom looks like a lovely haven.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful bedroom. I think the chairs look perfect and the slip covers are in keeping with the rest of the room. Furniture with beautiful curves and carved detail adds charm and character to a room. I love the elegance of the chandelier against the rustic feel - perfect :O)

    ReplyDelete