Tuesday, October 15, 2013

~Simple Fall Touches~

It's hard to believe it's the middle of October already.  The sun is supposed to be shining here this week which will be nice since our Fall, so far has been very cold and wet.  Keeping with my simple theme in the living room, I added a few dried hydrangeas and pumpkins to a couple areas in my bedroom.  .  Enjoy! xoxo K.

The mantel in my bedroom is adorned with a couple white baby pumpkins and some dried hydrangeas from my limelight bush along with all the mercury glass.

A few simple touches can have an impact this time of year.

Since I had so many hydrangeas this year, I added some to this basket hanging in the corner and love the greenish pumpkin with them against all the patina from my architectural pieces. 

My family and I just got back from a quick trip to California since the kids had some days off from school.  We drove down and stayed in Wine Country and it truly was a beautiful drive with all the leaves turning color.  I loved this area and the weather was a perfect 70 degrees.  I was able to stop in at Chateau Sonoma  while in Sonoma one day and it was an amazing shop filled with all kinds of gorgeous French finds.  I wish I would have had my camera that day so I could show some photos, but I only had my phone and they didn't turn out very good.  Another day was spent in San Fransisco which is a beautiful city with lots of architecture and before leaving we headed over to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom for the kids...what an adventure!  My husband and I are hoping to go back when we have more time to explore the area and check out some of the amazing wineries, just the two of us.   I'm so glad we came home to sunny weather and I'm hoping to get outside this week. Have a good one!

Linking with:
Blissful Whites Wednesday
Wow Us Wednesday
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Open House Blog Party
Be Inspired Friday
Feathered Nest Friday 
Shabbilicious Friday

40 comments:

  1. Kathleen it is all just beautiful! If I came to visit I would never leave!;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such gorgeousness Kathleen!! Is there such a word?? ha! Love every little nook and cranny of your beautiful home. :)
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your fall touches, Kathleen. The pumpkins, hydrangeas, candles...and all your lovely patina. Just gorgeous. And I've always loved your amazing mantel.
    Glad to hear you enjoyed a fun family trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bedroom looks just beautiful. I love the sweet simplicity of everything in there..and the soft shades of green that compliment the white decor. It sounds like you had a wonderful trip to California~ xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love looking at your beautiful home. I would love to go back to SF again. We went many years ago on a business conference. Visiting wine country is on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey you...how are you? Ok I have to say this whole post is stunning but the one thing I could not take my eyes off is the picture you have on the mantel,it is so beautiful I just love it! Glad you got away for abit, its good for the soul,lots of love,Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all your 'simple touches'! Old architectural pieces add so much texture and presence to vignettes. It's always fun to see your designs! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mantel is truly gorgeous with all that mercury glass and wonderful textures! Gorgeous vignette by the window, You have such marvelous chippy pieces to work with. I can't stop looking at it all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always Love your pics and your beautiful home
    xo
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your simple but elegant fall touches!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your bedroom is so serene...a sacred place of rest. You were in my neighborhood! The Sonoma Coast is my beach. xxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fall has slammed into Vegas too...but we still need the falling leaves : (
    Your vignettes look so cozy and inviting...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wowwww love your home darling.....x !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You my dear are a true artist. Your home is the canvas dreams are painted on. Just perfect.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful, Kathleen! Your decorating is always inspires me!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous! Just perfectly decorated for Fall, girl you are so very talented :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! I love the muted colors and your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your simple fall touches Kathleen gives big inspiration to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I always love the pictures of your house and seeing what you've been up to! Glad you had time to take a little break. I think that is what I need ;0) Hope all is well. . .

    Take care my friend,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice touches, Kathleen! They fit right in with your décor. I love your bedroom! Such a calming retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  21. love, love, love mantels. such a great look and doesn't take up much space. I always enjoy seeing photos of your home, keep um coming.
    tot

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a beautiful bedroom!! It makes my heart go pitter patter!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your home is always truly amazing with all its soft touches. I am loving the feeling of fall you added!!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  24. always so beautiful, Kathleen, love your wonderful simple Fall "decorating" with naturals! love that bench at the end of the bed!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Kathleen! Everything is oh-so-Beautiful!!! I can't wait to go back through and do some pinning! Happy Fall to you my friend!
    Blessings,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  26. I can't stop admiring your autumnal sanctuary!

    ReplyDelete
  27. ...always lovely to visit your beautiful spaces Kathleen!
    Sonoma is such a pretty drive in the fall, even better when shared wih your family!!

    xo, Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  28. Kathleen, absolutely charming, love the neutral colors.
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  29. I just love your bedroom! That picture above the fireplace is so nice. The blue squash look awesome. Now I want some! Pretty, pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I had the opportunity to nominate some of my favourite blogs and you are one of them, Please enter in my blog to pick up the prize.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Just beautiful, Kathleen! Those hydrangea blooms are fantastic. How wonderful to be able to put them everywhere! Your whole bedroom is glorious - love the mantle and the tin piece above the bed. Lovely! Hugs, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  32. Kathleen, your photos are just amazing! What a beautiful room, and your Fall touches are perfectly lovely. Sounds like a wonderful time in California!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love your simple fall touches Kathleen! Your mantle is gorgeous!
    xx
    Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Such beautiful decorating touches everywhere Kathleen..... simple is best in my book.
    I'm pleased to be featuring this post at Shabbilicious Friday tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hello,
    You have a lovely home and blog. I was wondering about your print of the virgin Mary and Child Jesus.

    With Kindness,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love dried hydrangeas and white pumpkins. Your mantel is so pretty with the silvered candlesticks and fall decor.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Could you tell me who the artist or illustrator of the picture of Mary and child is?

    ReplyDelete