Tuesday, October 1, 2013

~Fall Mantel~

I usually don't decorate for Fall until more in the middle of October, but with all the blustery cold weather we've been having I'm in the mood a little earlier this year.  I like to keep my mantel simple except during Fall and Winter when there are so many natural items to add to my decor.  Enjoy!  xoxo K.

I kept all the architectural finials and just added a couple pitchers of roses, grass in white planters and small baby pumpkins.

I finally found the right sized bread board to sit on top of the basket between the sofas which gives it a more level surface. 

The greenish gray colored pumpkins sitting in the urns came from my sister's garden and I love them!  I moved the dried hydrangeas into an old rusty cast iron fireplace grate.

I'm doing the window display up at Camas Antiques for the month of October with my friend, JoDee from Duchess and spent all day yesterday setting up.  It turned out really great with both of our stuff mixed together, but unfortunately I couldn't get any good photos to share without glare from the window or cars in the background.  If you live in the area stop in and there just might be something you can't live without:-)

Linking with:
Wow Us Wednesday
Blissful Whites Wednesday
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Be Inspired Friday
Feathered Nest Friday
Shabbilicious Friday
Party Junk


  1. You got some wonderful perspectives of your beautiful mantel. I love the hydrangeas in the grate. I'm loving those grey greens this season too. I just love your collections!

  2. Your Fall decorating is just gorgeous--the sudden weather change is making me feel like changing the decorating too!

  3. Just beautiful! I love those pumpkins. Di

  4. The mantle is very nice. My favorite thing is your old ladder beside it. Wonderful !! xoxo,Susie

  5. It looks beautiful Kathleen...luv those big pumpkins in the urns. It is so hard to get good pics of a display window...I've been there.


  6. Wow Kathleen, This is just elegance in simplicity perfected. I love it all. The breadboard...fabulous...the hydrangeas in the cast iron...divine! The gorgeous pumpkins in the urns...so beautiful! Sure wish you lived next door and I could pop over for coffee and enjoy your company and your beautiful home!! Sigh...always delightful to see what you do!!

    I know that window at Camas has to be amazing. You just have to get a few shots to share with us, ok?


  7. Love the urns on the fireplace! Never thought of bringing mine in! Makes a great statement!

  8. I so like your white fall mantel. I am not a big fan of fall colors like most people
    Looks great and I like the little white pumpkins

  9. Thank heaven for fall..I would have barely made it through another sweltering day.. I'm saved! Love the Hubbard? pumpkins..gorgeous

  10. Your mantel is lovely, Kathleen...I just love your vintage ironstone!

  11. Everything looks gorgeous...I just love that wicker trunk with the cutting board on it...genius!! Christine from Little Brags

  12. Your fireplace is gorgeous for the fall. Love, love the pumpkins in those pretty urns!!!


  13. Love it all, Kathleen but those urns in front of your fireplace are incredible!! So beautiful.

  14. Hi Kathleen,
    Lové your fall over here, my kind of fall colours...I should say lack of colour. I do this whole lack of year around :)

    NOW! As for that cutting board on your wicker basket in front of the sofas?...where did you find such a beauty, and I love the uniqueness of using it in the manner you have.
    I have used wood tops of buffets to cover counters in the past :) so you see we thinks a lot alike!

    Keep inspiring us with your beauty and ideas.


  15. Oh Kathleen,
    Your home is simply stunning!! I cannot wait to work with you for my winter issue!!
    You did such an amazing job decorating, I wish you lived closer so you could help me!!
    Hope you have a beautiful night!!

  16. Hi Kathleen, love your fall mantle - the neutral colors of whites, greys, blacks and creams are so pretty all together. Your mantle mirror is just to die for! Well done! Catherine

  17. Fall is beautiful in your home Kathleen!!! So lovely!!!

  18. Very pretty, Kathleen! I love the pumpkins on the urns in front of your fireplace!

  19. Kathleen everything looks just beautiful! I love the pumpkins and the urns. Thank you for partying at THT!

  20. Just absolutely breathtaking. I have a thing for urns topped with the green pumpkins. LOVE this post!

    Amber @junkaholicsunanimous

  21. This is gorgeous! I love the green-ish pumpkins in the urns.

  22. What a beautiful elegant fall mantel! I love all the whites and neutral colors!

  23. So stunning! The pumpkins in the urns are such a great touch!

  24. Everything is just gorgeous!!! Love every bit of it!!

  25. I love the blue pumpkins, I picked up some of those for myself, I love them in the urns.
    Very inspiring.

  26. Kathleen your mantle looks beautiful! Love your finials and pitchers! The weather here is crazy cold one day and warm the next!

  27. Your home is your castle .... and this is a castle from my dreams :)

  28. Absolutely lovely ..... now you've got me in the mood to decorate!

  29. Everything is just beautiful love your mantel Would love to invite you to come share at One More Time Events http://www.cleanandscentsible.com/2013/10/inspiration-exchange-21.html.. Hope to see you there! Hugs Tammy


  30. I had the opportunity to nominate some of my favourite blogs and you are one of them, Please enter in my blog to pick up the prize.