Wednesday, September 18, 2013

~Getting Organized~

My goal this Fall is to get my home more organized.  I don't like clutter and want everything to have it's place.  The only problem is things start stacking up and then when someone comes over these piles get shoved into cupboards, closets, etc until it's hard to even open the door.  Can anyone relate?  

When I was decorating my Laundry Room a couple years ago, I started collecting all kinds of baskets to store all my linens and lace, so it would be practical, but look nice as well.  This is now what I'm doing for a few closets, shelves and our pantry trying to keep some kind of organization in these areas.  Enjoy!  xoxo K.

Storage can look good when you use items like an old galvanized pail for holding pop and water bottles and the wire basket on the dryer is where we place all recycling items before they are taken to the bin outside.  



A three tiered wire basket is perfect for holding little bits of string and lace and chalkboards are always a nice place to keep lists of things that need to be done.

I love my old wooden shoe rack that now holds all kinds of baskets full of linens and fabric.  Jars are a great storage idea also.

This is the room we use to enter the house since we park right outside the door, so shoes usually clutter the floor.  The wooden box with wheels my husband made is the perfect solution to store them in and the bench it sits under is a great place to sit while putting them on.  Hooks always come in handy as well, to hang umbrellas and coats.  

It is amazing how these baskets fit perfectly into this white metal rack.  Wish me luck in getting the rest of my home more organized:-)   

Linking with:
Grey Dey Thursday
Be Inspired Friday
Feathered Nest Friday
Shabbilicious Friday
Party Junk

26 comments:

  1. I enjoyed seeing the photos of your laundry room! It looks like it would be a bit more pleasant to do laundry and such in. Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful organization! It looks wonderful, definitely makes me want to keep collecting wire baskets. The room looks serene, romantic and ohhh soo precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous pictures! I love your mix and match of organizing containers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathleen I'm so in envy of your laundry room! I think I'd be happy even just to have sheetrock on the walls instead of concrete blocks and spider webs (lol). I saw that exact same dress form at a flea market this weekend. Beautiful and inspiring - good luck with your organizing you are off to a great start!
    Michelle / newengland-style.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! I just love your post today Kathleen! Your laundry room, the shelves, the creams and beiges...I just love all of it.Love how you decorate and put everything together. You have got the touch girl! hahaha....I wish you could come to my house. Clutter gets to me too. I love vignettes...but I don't like all the bills, mail, farm catalogs (hubbys stuff) and all the extras...that one has to deal with.
    Anyhoo...just lovely! Your home is beautiful and I never get tired of seeing what you are working on, decorating, your porch, any of it. Always enjoy your posts.
    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this space. Oh how I wish I had this size laundry room. Lots of great ideas. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, Love, Love the baskets and metal rack! So CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a great job. Everything looks great. I love to have things organized too. Love those wire baskets. I am going to hunt for a couple to put potatoes and onions in when we redo our kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow. I see so many treasures I want to come steal.....I have those same Ikea Pillows too!!! Great inspiration !!! Christine from Little Brags

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything is looking so good and well organized. I really like the pieces you are using for storage and by the way, that dress form, killer!!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your ingenuity! I'm feeling that little organization bug too. Your hubby's box & the bench is something we could use. Would love for people to use the back door instead of the entry into the great room. Thanks for sharing your lovely home inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have some fantastic ways to organize! Glad to get another glimpse of this gorgeous room.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, your home is truly organized and so very beautiful. I am still working on my home and my studio, well, that's another story.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your organizing baskets and shelves are really beautiful and add to the charm of your laundry room and entry. I like the old drawer on top of the old shoe rack too. Great ideas to hide and contain clutter! Blessings, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks both charming and organized. I love your dress form, do you use it for sewing? I keep meaning to get one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kathleen - your organizational skills are simply - STUNNING! And as always, your posts are so inspiring! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The wire baskets and the drawer caught my eye as wonderful ways to organize. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful solutions to storage needs. Found you at Eclectically Vintage tour. I just love your home and style. I am now following you.
    :)
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love it all from the wire basket to the galvanized pails. You make organization beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am in love with EVERYTHING in your photos. That industrial looking shelf is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your beautiful laundry room.I love how you have things stored.So functional yet so pretty too! Ah yes I need to do that soon too! Come to come over to help LOL!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  22. Привет из России) У вас очень красивый дом! Желаю удачи) Анисса.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love what you've managed to do with this room Kathleen and all while retaining that lovely vintage charm. I love baskets too and like to keep everything in little groupings or collections.

    ReplyDelete
  24. your french laundry room is grey dey perfection! there are just SO many details I love about it! sigh. happy grey dey thursdey mon amie! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm organizing right now too, and it's just so painful! Too many items stashed in all the wrong places here, also. How great to see some of your organizing ideas, I needed that! Beautiful, as always :)
    xoxo, Andrea

    ReplyDelete