Thursday, August 22, 2013

~Queen Anne's Lace~

This Summer has just flown by and I can't believe that in a little over a week, school will be back in session.  I've enjoyed being able to stay home and spend time with my kids and working out in my yard with all the beautiful weather we've had.

I have been noticing some changes in the weather and the days are definitely getting shorter.  The Queen Anne's Lace that grow abundantly along the country roads and in the Christmas tree fields around our home are starting to dry up, so I have been cutting them and bringing them inside before they are all gone.  This bottle on the nightstand by my bed is a nice spot for me to admire their intricate blooms and beauty.  Enjoy!  xoxo K.

One of my favorite areas in my home is this corner of my bedroom. 

I love how these blooms look up against my mannequin or next to one of my favorite clocks.  

Sharing with Feathered Nest Friday and Shabbilicious Friday this week. 


  1. Your photography is just lovely...I so enjoyed these photos! I love Queen's Anne lace--I have a neighbor that doesn't take care of their yard and my kids laugh at me because I go at night and pick it :)

  2. I didn't know the name of this lacy beauty..
    now I know and keep my eyes open for it.
    I'm in love with your stunning mannequin.
    Thanks for sharing your pretty pictures.

  3. love the way you styled everything! the jar used as a vase is beautiful.

  4. Yes we are saying goodbye to the last of the blooms.
    Your lace looks just right next to the clock and gorgeous mannequin. Just calm and lovely!

  5. beautiful photos ~ I love your skinny-waisted dress form!
    Blessed be!
    Lori from Notforgotten Farm

  6. You have a beautiful bedroom, Kathleen! The Queen Anne's Lace suits your room perfectly. Love the shutters you have by the nightstand. I just found a pair at an estate sale and put them in our guest bedroom. They are kind of narrow though, so they may be moving into the master at some point.

  7. I love Queen Anne's Lace! Years ago I used to collect it and let it dry and then used it as a filler in my Christmas tree...back when I had a "natural" tree with popcorn and cranberries, etc. I have always liked the sweet simplicity of it- xo Diana

  8. As always just so fresh and relaxing looking around your place.
    enjoy your last few weeks of summer.

  9. I really like the pictures of the days gone by type bedroom
    It so charming
    and I was thinking about the queens lace for a tables vase for myself

    that mannequin is fabulous I haven'r ever seen one quite like it anywhere

  10. Kathleen I love your vintage door and that mannequin is beautiful too!I don't know where the summer went.Summer break is over and my daughter is back at school.I miss spending time together :-(

  11. oh so pretty...Queen Annes Lace grows besdide the roads here in May, but seeing this I need to plant some in my garden!
    Your bath is dreamy, such a wonderful room! Love how you did the sink on one side! So smart!

  12. ohhh... I love this wild carrot!!!
    the strange thing is that I also wrote a post about this beautiful flower!
    very nice to meet you

  13. One of the best ways to enjoy the waning days of summer, is to bring in the blooms! Lovely shots.

  14. Oh what fun to be able to spend time at home with the kids. I love your style my friend!

  15. I love any part of your home Kathleen. I too hate to see summer go, the swimming pool, my grand kids, watermelon, but, I do love fall and the cooler air, the colors, the fresh produce. I will be having my left knee replaced in 2 weeks and I'm hoping to see allot of beautiful blogs decorated for fall.


  16. Darling Kathleen, love every single detail! This little flower is one of my favourite, so simple and delicate, but so elegant too.
    Have wonderful summer last days!

  17. Could never sleep here!Would just sit and stare at all the loveliness!Beautiful decorated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Tovehugs :)

  18. So very charming Kathleen!


  19. Absolutely heavenly Kathleen!!! I love your room so much!!! And that dress form, to-die-for!!
    Hope your doing well!!

  20. I love that beautiful corner Kathleen. I can definitely see why it is your favorite. So lovely!

  21. I enjoy every little glimpse into your beautiful home Kathleen. The Queen Anne's Lace is such a soft and pretty touch in your bedroom.
    Hugs ~ Kerryanne

  22. Your photography is always so inspiring.

  23. your decor and vignettes always "inspire." truly! "merci" for your support of my new "grey dey" linky party! :)

  24. Hi Kathleen. With all that you inspire here how could I even begin to inspire you :))

    Love your home and vignettes, it's the kind of place I could soak up all you inspire.
    I too layer mirrors leaning here and there, it's no mystery in why we love it so, it's the soul of reflection it gives back to the room.

    See you and your beauty soon.

    A beautifully inspiring weekend to you.