Friday, April 26, 2013

~Spring Bouquet~

This week sure flew by and I can't believe it's already Friday.  Spring is such a busy time with all my kids' activities and it's harder for me to find the time for blogging.  I did, however, want to share a pretty Spring bouquet I put together recently for our powder room.  Enjoy! xoxo K.

They have been having a sale on tulips at my local Safeway and these purple ones really caught my attention.  I added in some of  lilacs from one of my bushes that are almost blooming.  Not sure what it is about purple lately, but I seem to be drawn to it.  This afternoon after my daughter's appt. I stopped in at Lowe's to get some boxwoods to plant this weekend and was surprised to see so many purple blooms that I love.

We have been having some amazing weather this past week and I can't wait to get out in my garden and get my hands dirty over the weekend......it's the simple things in life.  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend as well!

***I realized after I published this post that my white balance was off leaving these photos yellowish instead of white like they are supposed to be...photography can be very frustrating at times***

Linking up with Donna @ Funky Junk tonight.

18 comments:

  1. What a delightful arrangement. Sometimes a color just pops up and makes you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty, love that wonderful pitcher. Have a good weekend in the dirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bouquet is lovely!! I would never have thought to use the lilac buds...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty bouquet. Pretty pitcher as well :-)
    Thanks for sharing and Happy Weekend to you and yours.
    Cheers, Gee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely bouquet! Tulips have such a short season so it's good to grab them when you can!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love that gorgeous pitcher too! Happy gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning. I love your little table, the basket full of towels and the gorgeous pitcher with the beautiful flowers. Your pictures are awesome. I would love it if you would link this to my Inspire Me party that will be live Monday evening. This is definitley inspiring. www.astrollthrulife.net Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks very pretty! Thanks for saying hello the other day.
    I was a lil scattered rushing all around.Your daughter is darling.Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful tulips Kathleen! Love your vintage pitcher too! I have been drawn to pink lately not sure why.But I have found some amazing vintage pieces and I just can't resist.
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your bouquet. It looks great in your powder room!

    It would be wonderful to have your post be a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those tulips are so pretty--and love the pitcher they are in. This year my yard is full of tulips--many more than other years and new colors too. Kinda seems weird--don't know where they came from! I guess God planted them for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can I come and powder my nose in your lovely powder room ? Love your pretty tulip bouquet, set out with the wire basket, I have one exactly the same, but I use it in the garden to carry around my trimmers, trowel & gloves for real dirty work... when I remember to use them ! I'm like you, I love to get my hands in the earth. Enjoy your weekend, getting your hands dirty. Barbara Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  13. J'adore ton blog et ton bouquet est magnifique !!
    Bon dimanche
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kathleen,
    This is so pretty. I too got out in the garden this week end. The weather here is finally so nice. Wooo Hooo I think we are finally going to see winter gone and lovely flowers!!!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet vignette, love the pitcher! Christie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your flowers are lovely, but my eye was drawn to the basket of towels. I think I might have to put one in my bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So beautiful Kathleen!! I wish I could get my bathroom to look as gorgeous as yours!
    Hope your doing well and have a fantastic week.
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete