Friday, December 14, 2012

~Oh Christmas Tree~

I was able to find a little time to get the christmas tree in my bedroom decorated and wanted to share with you.  We don't usually have a traditional perfectly shaped tree in our home and this year was no exception.  Both of our trees were cut from our property and couldn't be more different from each other.

This one is short and fat at the bottom which was perfect for this corner in my bedroom sitting in my french olive bucket.  The lighting wasn't good for taking photos of our other tree which is in the living room, but it is tall and skinny....very charlie brown looking, which is just the way I like it.  Enjoy!  xoxo K.

I ended up using mostly white ornaments on this tree.  Angel wings, crystal prisms with french paper, some that I made last year with photos from old french prayer cards and vintage balls.

The Jeanne d' arc ornaments from the branches in my living room were moved and added to this tree since they fit the look I have going so much better in my bedroom.  I hope everyone enjoys their weekend and I'm hoping to finish up all my decorating so I can take photos of my whole house.  I just hope the sun comes out because it's hard to get good photos this time of year when it is so dark and dreary outside.

Sharing with Funky Junk Interiors.

Also, my thoughts and prayers go out to all the families who lost loved ones today in the horrible tragedy at the elementary school in Conneticut.  As a mother of three children I just can't imagine how devastating this would be. May God bless everyone in that community. 

29 comments:

  1. Your tree looks so beautiful! The shape of it really gives it the Nordic feel and the way you decorated it too. And of course I love the olive bucket! It is all just lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked and looked for a tree like this, limbs far apart and delicate. I am so jealous. I wanted one so bad. Thanks for sharing. Richard from My Old Historic House.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely~ I just adore your decor!! I wanted to come by and let you know what tripod I bought~ it is from Amazon and it is the Zeikos 72" pro - for under $20 + shipping. If you have any other questions~ let me know!! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Tree is Perfect! I also like your Ornaments you made.

    Yes hard to move forward with Happy thoughts with these shootings and lives taken.Prayers for Strength for all these Families~Blessings Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the white ornaments on your little tree, very fresh and pretty. Have a wonderful holiday season, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Real trees are so beautiful! It's gorgeous! Unfortunately, they only last a day or two here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathleen, I love love this tree. So beautiful! Should I mention again how much I love seeing your home? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kathleen,
    Loving your trees....must be nice to just walk outside and cut one from your property :) I have a few of those angel wings myself, I love your stocking too with the little buttons. I hope your home is merry and bright and full of holiday cheer.

    Smiles & blessings,
    sheila

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathleen, thé Tree is amazing, i spy à little French Canvas pillons on thé sofa. You know i too havé thaïs same one i remembre you commenting on it à while back when I featured it in my French chair. We have such similar taste mixed with a bit of a Nordic and old farmhouse feel. All thing in à brocante style.

    Thank you for sharing your perfect thined out trees, i just lové them.

    Xx
    Joyeux Noël
    Doré

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your tree! I love the unmanicured look--so far to find at the tree farms. You are lucky you have property to get one from! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tree is so delicatelyx beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your tree looks amazing! I love the items you used.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful and full of French inspiration.
    My prayers are going out to the families of this tragedy. What a long night they all had.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kathleen your tree is beautiful! It is sweetly decorated just perfectly.
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful!
    Wishing you a joyous Christmas
    with much love
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this tree and all of the ornaments! Perfect, Xo, Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kathleen,
    I have been a big fan of your blog for awhile. Love your beautiful Christmas tree. Really pretty.

    As a mom and a new grandma I too can't imagine the horror and the grief of the families effected by the Conneticut tragedy. So sad.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely gorgeous.. the white with the green and the lovely decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Kathleen, I like Your blog very much. Your photos are gorgeous. Greetings from Polad.
    www.sowa58.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Kathleen,
    It looks absolutely beautiful!! I love all of the decorations that you put up in your home, just gorgeous!!
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh I love the trees, they seem just perfect all decked out!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So pretty! I love your white decorations for the holiday.

    Happy Holidays!

    ~Shanon

    ReplyDelete
  23. How Beautiful to wake up to such a Vision in the Boudoir during the Holidays!

    And the terrible tragedy leaves me speechless, there simply are no adequate words.

    Merry Christmas from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  24. hello dear Kathleen!
    there has been too much time pass since i've visited.
    ~life~
    i have missed you and your lovely posts.
    i am sad i missed the last of white wednesdays too...
    but again
    ~life~
    your home looks oh-so-lovely decorated for the holidays! you never cease to delight our creative senses my dear!
    i wish you and yours, a very merry christmas, and a happiest new year:)

    xo, Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think the tree is beautiful, love it in the olive bucket!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey Kathleen,
    I'm truly inspired by these pictures of your lovely home....absolutely charming and so inviting. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete