Tuesday, September 18, 2012

~White Wedensday # 170~

We've been enjoying a beautiful indian summer here in the PNW and I'm loving it!  I still have some Queen Anne's Lace blooming here  and there around our property and decided to bring some inside to enjoy  before it's all gone.

I love this old fashioned flower with it's intricate blooms and really liked how it looked inside this bottle sitting beside my sink in the kitchen.  Enjoy! xoxo K.

I'd like to take a moment on today's post to address some concerns I've had lately regarding this WW link party.  I've noticed more and more non white related posts being linked up each week.  Since this is a specific themed party, I'd appreciate it if only "current white" posts be entered and feel there are plenty of other link parties out there for all other posts.  If I notice any links that don't fit the criteria, I do have the option to delete them, but quite frankly am really busy with my family right now and don't have the time so please be respectful of what is linked up so that everyone who comes here on Wednesdays to get their white fix can have an enjoyable experience.  Also, I would appreciate it if you do link up that you kindly add my blog name and link somewhere on your post.  Thank you and I look forward to all the creamy white inspiration most of you bring to the party each week especially with the holidays coming up:-)


  1. I just linked up and wanted to stop by and say thank you for hosting! Hugs, Penny

  2. lovely pics! i have the same dishrack which I love love love too!

  3. I agree with you about Queen Anne's Lace! So lovely and old fashioned. Beautiful.

  4. love the queen's Anne's lace, looks like vintage lace, gorgeous...


  5. Thank you so much for hosting another party, Kathleen :) Love your flowers. They definitely feel old world! Hope you have a great week :)

  6. I remember my mom and older sisters pointing out Queen Anne's Lace on the sides of the road when we were traveling when I was young. I thought they were just another weed, but when I saw one up close, I knew that they were special. I love a simple bouquet of them.
    Thanks for hosting.

  7. I can't thank you enough for hosting White Wednesday. I have followed your blog for a long time, and I love it as well as WW. I look forward to Wednesday each and every week.

    Again, a million thanks to you.

  8. I have a few other things among the white, hope I still qualify! Love the Queen Anne's Lace in that wonderful bottle!

  9. I LOVE your beautiful transfer ware and the old wire dish rack as well as the stoneware bottle that your Queen Anne's lace is in. All of it, a feast for the eyes.

  10. Beautiful photos Kathleen. Love the transferware!
    Thanks for hosting!

  11. Beautiful Queen Anne's lace in a lovely kitchen!

  12. I picked queen annes lace for my wedding bouquet 26 years ago, they will always hold a special place in my heart. Thanks for the party! t.xoxo

  13. Gosh I think all of our queen anne's lace are long gone and I never did pick a bouquet. We're onto golden rod big time though.
    Good for you on saying something about the party links. I honestly don't look at them anymore because of the abuse.
    I must be bad but I would have been deleting them on day one:)
    Have a good week Kathleen,


  14. Not sure I have anything white to link this week- but I just adore your party and will peruse the inspirations!! xoxox, Courtney

  15. Thank you for hosting another white Wed. and allowing a way for me to promote my posts.
    Your photos, this week, are once again so inspiring!
    Gotta go check out the entries!

  16. Very nicely stated Kathleen.
    Hope all is well!
    I am sure it is a busy school season for you.
    Remember to find time to relax ;)

  17. I love these flowers! They grow naturally in the high elevations here, in the moutains. But I know they can be cultivated in gardens. I need to get some! SO cottagey. Love those fabulous plates too! Thanks for hosting once again, Kathleen!

  18. Thanks so much for hosting! Life to the full, Melissa

  19. This is my first time to post to White Wednesday but I have visited many times. Thanks for hosting.

  20. Katheleen, adore your Queen Anne's Lace, as I would pick them in Chicago, when I lived there. Miss them so much. Lovely vignette.

    I am so happy you said something because there truly seem to be a few "non" WW entries, even today.

  21. I LOVE your dish rack!!!!
    I too am still enjoying a few fresh Queen Anne's Lace in our fields around our house- but most are closing up and brown.

    I'm glad you mentioned your party guidelines- I noticed a few at the last party! : /

  22. Thanks for hosting sweet Kathleen.
    Have a blessed week.


  23. They are one of my favourite flowers, so discreet but so romantic and lacy the same time.
    I love your red-white dishes, they are super!

  24. Have a nice week!

    Greetings from Rosine

  25. Kathleen,
    Queen Anne's lace is so pretty! I love the soft look of this pretty wild flower!Thank you for hosting!

  26. Hi I'm new to your blog and I LOVE it! your transferware pieces are gorgeous!I shared on your party hope it is an ok post! Have a wonderful white day! Traci

  27. Kathleen~
    Love you pretty bouquet..
    the whites in my new colorful world are seabirds..
    sugary white sandy beaches..
    white crested breaking waves..
    and of course..
    the ever changing white clouds above it all..
    Quite a change for me..
    coming home to Florida..
    after the awesome views of Colorado!
    Hopefully these will fit your WHITE criteria, as I do enjoy your blog...
    both in viewing the content,comments, and commenting myself.
    southern hugs..

  28. Oh no, I'm sorry, I was in such a hurry to get this posted, I didn't see the last paragragh, (tryed to find a way to retract) actually, I used this because I noticed there were quite a few non-white posts, so won't happen again, how embarassing! also just whites makes choosing things to post much easier,

  29. Thank you for hosting Kathleen, love the dishes in the strainer, perfect for the season!

  30. Queen Anne's Lace always reminds me of "home" in Maine. our house was surrounded by fields and fields of them! lovely!so sorry you have been having some issues regarding "non-white" posts. it's a difficult position to put you in but certainly everyone understands. it's a "white party." Happy ww!

  31. Your post is gorgeous, as always.

    Thank you for hosting.

  32. A fabulous round up of white! Thank you for letting us participate. We love the kitty's!

    Brenda And Sacha,

    Boudoir of Paris

  33. Awww queen Annes lace and brown transferware... it doesn't get much better than that for me! Lovely!
    I hope your days are good, the heat has gone here finally and we are enjoying this wisp of fall in the air
    Wishing you a wonderful weekend

  34. so pretty...reminds me of the color of crocks

  35. Loving your transferware, all of it.
    Marilyn from Portland

  36. Thanks for hosting a "White" party! It really causes me to think and be creative with my white things :)
    Have a great weekend!

  37. I love Queen Anne's Lace, for a long time I had one plant and was told it was a weed. But I kept that 'weed' because I thought it was so beautiful. Lovely photos.

  38. I have very fond memories of picking Queen Anne's Lace with my mother when I was very little. I lived with my dad growing up, so I treasured my moments with her and stored them up inside. I have always loved this "weed" and think it is just so beautiful. It grows plentifully near my home. It always makes me smile.