Friday, September 14, 2012

~Cafe Curtains~

I've been wanting some cafe curtains for above my window seat in my kitchen for a while now, but just never saw any to buy anywhere.  One day while using one of the towels I had bought from Sheila at Tattered Goods a thought came to me.  I held it up to the window and it fit perfectly and I love the added simple ruffle at the bottom.  

I emailed Sheila and asked if I could buy two plain ones from her with no graphics.  I had originally thought I was going to sew some ties to the top and tie them onto the rod, but never had the time and had remembered her telling me she used cafe clips for some of her curtains. While at Walmart last week, I came across the clips and finally got my curtains hung.  Just in time too, since Donna at Funky Junk is hosting unique window treatments tonight for her SNS party.    I like how they turned out and the fact that they still allow light to come through.  Enjoy!  xoxo K.

 I'll also be linking with Debra for VIF and Courntey for Feathered Nest Friday

If you haven't been to Sheila's blog before and like this idea you better hop on over.  She has many graphics you could use also:-)


 

27 comments:

  1. Those are just simply beautiful!! and I love you window seat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kathleen those look so lovely. I happen to know Sheila and she is a doll. They look terrific in your beautiful home!

    Much love to you
    Kate
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! They look fantastic and the whole area is so cozy and inviting! Have a great weekend! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look so (or should I say no-sew) sweet! I love cafe curtains and such a great idea to use the pretty towels. Love the ruffle too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think they are really sweet....
    Nice pillows to.....
    and do not miss...

    S
    A
    T
    U
    R
    D
    A
    Y


    S
    H
    O
    W

    O
    F
    F

    it is FUN :)
    WELOCOME
    Håkan ( The Roseman)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're perfect! The whole setting is so pretty and how lucky you are to have a window seat in your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathleen,
    I love your kitchen window seat! What a dream! Those towels make perfect window treatments!Have a great weekend!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, your window seat is so inviting. Beautiful curtains! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet idea, Kathleen! It looks very light, and breezy.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kathleen,
    They look great...you have inspired me to hang some in my kitchen. Thanks so much for the sweet post and kind words about us. I love your kitchen super cute so very farmhouse chic....have a great weekend!!!

    Smiles,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the curtains but the bench, cushions and pillows really caught my eye. Love it all. It looks so beautiful

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seeing your delicious little window corner just warms my heart! Lovely curtain. Lovely pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it. So very pretty. Just my kind of curtain. It works well with the rest of your window seating area.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So so, inviting...It all invites you in to relax and stay awhile taking in the calm beauty.
    Love the whole setting curtains and all.

    xoxo
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your window seat with the pillows and new curtains. But then again, I always love everything about your home!

    Take care,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  16. so funny that you would do this, I was thinking the same thing. Sheila's towels are adorable, but I hadn't thought of the clips, I was just thinking of sewing a "pocket" onto the top back for the rod. they look perfect, Kathleen!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It all looks so great. I love her little shoppe

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Kathleen, I do not only love your curtains but your whole lovely bench area with the beautiful pillows and comfortable looking cushions. I've been dreaming of such a place for quite a while. Maybe that dream will come true one day.
    Have a great week!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a sweet spot to sit and ponder or read...

    ReplyDelete
  20. LUV LUV LUV them, Kathleen! Such a sweet, cozy look for autumn! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous idea..
    They look great..

    ReplyDelete
  22. They turned out great! These are definitely 'unique window treatments'. And what a beautiful window-seat.

    Goedele

    ReplyDelete
  23. It all looks really great..I love your window seat with the pillows and new curtains..

    Curtains Melbourne

    ReplyDelete