Friday, September 21, 2012

~Adding a Touch of Fall to my Table~

With the first day of Fall being tomorrow and the weather here the last couple days being cloudy and drizzly, I wanted to change up my dining room table.  It all started with a lovely table runner made from a roll of french tea towel fabric that I purchased this Summer.  I love the brown stripes on it and still have lots of this fabric and am wanting to make more runners and towels to sell when I get a chance.

I then added this french wood crate to the center and added some dried hydrangeas along with a bowl of pears.  I've been stopping at the local produce stand by my daughter's school lately to pick up fruits and vegetables and since we don't have any pear trees, these sounded so yummy.  I think they also photograph very nicely as well.  Enjoy!  xoxo K.

I will will be linking this post to Donna @ Funky Junk's SNS table runners party she is hosting:-) 

 

21 comments:

  1. Kathleen your still life photo is amazing.
    Love the pop of green in the pears.

    Please send your clouds and drizzle my way.
    We are getting a heatwave and we are back in triple digits :( This is no way to welcome fall.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So simple and beautiful - and the pears match that gorgeous hydrangea so perfectly. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. doesn't a pear crumble sound delicious? But then your display would need to be redone lol ....oh yeah, just buy more pears <3
    xx
    z

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the table runner and the whole set up is beautiful! ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  5. a lovely autumnal vignette. time to get my seashells packed away....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathleen,
    Love your vignette! That crate is awesome too!Have a great weekend!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I love your french crate! It's all so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures.. Thanks for sharing. I love the table runner..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think thi is stunning! It's pleasantly simple, yet it really catches your eye :) Thanks for sharing!

    Blessings,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your table Kathleen. Beautiful colors, wishing you an happy Weekend. Ciao Rita

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful centerpiece. I love the look and smell of pears. I don't like the taste of them though. I know, I am strange.

    ReplyDelete
  12. simple and elegant at the same time, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I sure love the way you start the Fall season off...so very pretty.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty Kathleen! I love that little wooden crate!! It goes perfect with your pears and hydrangeas!!
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  15. As always, your "changes" are awesome! Love the new look.

    Take care,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Kathleen, I love this 'vignette'. I regret not having dried hydrangea this year! I love the combination of hydrangea with pears.

    Goedele

    ReplyDelete
  17. Soooooooooo pretty! I love that you used all the natural items. I just a bit of Fall decorating too but, I used the silk flowers as my hydrangeas didn't do too well this year in the heat. Thanks for sharing.
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just beautiful, Kathleen! I have a French drying crate just like that in my basement and haven't known what to do with or how to use it in my decor. NOW I do! :) Happy beautiful autumn to you, sweetie!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete